There are 354 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by 1swift:
Noise about Cincy @21

Exactly! There are reasons for the move. Cincy may have wanted him and Eifert was then the BPA which makes them look smart.
The Rams also needed a safety. So those who think Reid woulda been there at 31 are retarded. Cant take a chance when we have 13 picks, and can afford to take make a move like that to get what u want!! Reid also has drawn some Bob Sanders atributes, minus the injuries! I love the pick!
  • Andra
  • Veteran
only 1 S picked after Reid, I like him, don't think we needed to move up to get him
Originally posted by kawika13:
Love the pick. The #1 safety in the draft. Fits are sceam perfectly. Watch him knock mother f---- out. And we only gave up a pick we go from the panthers last year

I think he's the number 2 safety, that being said we jumped 13 picks for a 3rd. I do feel he is the most balance safety left on the board and is going to be a good player with that front 7 and the coaching staff going to make him a beast, I also like the talent he went against in the sec week in week out. Though Jerry got riped off, dude needs to stop being a G.M. Should have been more than a third and a swap, but he got his center and dallas needs the Oline help center has been bad for them, and though they need a safety that offense is almost complete and is a oline short of being amazing, Witten, Bryant, Austin, Tony, he's going to need time to throw, defense isn't fix able it's just trash might as well make the offense complete.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Apr 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM ]
I don't mind Eric Reid, I mind trading down to 18 to take him with Eifert, Patterson, Trufant and Rhodes still on the board.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
welcome to him I hope he turns into a pro bowl player.

this. in coach and gm i trust.
Originally posted by kawika13:
Fits are sceam perfectly.

Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Could we have taken Reid at 31?

We will never know. Some people said Cincy was interested at 21... but people can only guess. Obviously, the Niners didn't think he would last.... plus, the Niners only had to give up a 3rd to make sure they got the guy they wanted.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Wanted Floyd but I'm okay with Reid. Worry some about him in coverage but he flies to the ball. We only gave up a mid 3rd so I'm fine with the trade.

Carradine would be phenomenal in the 2nd, especially if we can trade down to a team wanting Geno or Barkley and pick up a 2014 pick.

we would have to move maybe 5 picks away before losing him
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Could we have taken Reid at 31?

We will never know. Some people said Cincy was interested at 21... but people can only guess. Obviously, the Niners didn't think he would last.... plus, the Niners only had to give up a 3rd to make sure they got the guy they wanted.

Im not too worried bout the trade up> we gave up neglegable value. It was a great value trade.
I like the pick... very experienced... on a top defense in a top conference... great size and speed and production in college.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Wait, he moved Reid ahead of Cyprien in his latest rankings.Still behind Elam though.

Except Elam is 5'10", that was likely a big knock against him after the 49ers saw how Whitner was exposed due to his inability to get up and contest passes. Reid is 6'1" with a 40 inch vertical, he doesn't have that issue.

Whitner was exposed because he sucks at coverage, not because of his height. See: Thomas, Earl.

I'm warming up to the pick though, I only watched 2 games of his, I think one where Reid and the defense got dicked by DeAndre Hopkins over and over.
In the G .M . I trust let roll 9ers
Originally posted by xela510:
I don't mind Eric Reid, I mind trading down to 18 to take him with Eifert, Patterson, Trufant and Rhodes still on the board.

the trade value was great value for us. we raped dallas. Baalkie and harbaugh got great value for their man.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
the trade value was great value for us. we raped dallas. Baalkie and harbaugh got great value for their man.

good for us! in this respect, how would you grade the cowbows pick? i was very surprised, but i am not an expert.
probably posted but on the front of nfl.com

Cant recall anyone ever bringing up their kid like that. Was really cool.