There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

It's tight that Harbaugh got the guy that he had been recruiting out of High school.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Just for the record, I don't compare him to Mays, those comparisons are a joke. I personally never made that comparison. I just personally think he fits the SS position better than FS.

I agree but the more I read about him, the more I believe the Niners like his overall skill set enough to play FS. Of course, once Whitner's contract is up, all bets are off. Reid would make a terrific SS though because unlike most of those, he does has some down-field coverage ability.
I heard an interview with himafter he was picked by the Niners on Sirius Radio with Gil Brandt. He said that JH recruited him heavily out of high school but he told Jh that he was loyal to his State. He said that he told his Mom before the draft that he hoped he went to Sf. His Dad was an All-American track star at LSU. I think we got a high charecter guy, very intelligent, with a whole lot of physical upside.Way to go TB!
Originally posted by Garcia:
super stoked.... dude is a blue chip athlete, 6'1 4.4 speed.... great pick

Yeah I think people complain too much. 6'1 1/2" 213 lbs. 4.4 speed. 40 inch vertical. He's big, fast and strong. He was pretty productive. I think WZers are underrating him. And we had a huge hole after Goldson left. So we needed to fill it. I think it can turn into a good pick.
Love the pick. The #1 safety in the draft. Fits are sceam perfectly. Watch him knock mother f---- out. And we only gave up a pick we go from the panthers last year
solid B
I'm pretty stoked with this pick. First we get a solid safety that fills a position of need. I really don't buy the FS vs SS argument because the 9ers like their safeties to be interchangeable. I have a feeling we won't be missing Goldson with E. Reid on the roster. Second how could any 9er fan can be disappointed we completely trade raped Dallas. Look at what other teams had to give away. A 3rd round pick to move up 13 spots in the 1st round is masterful! Baalke does it again!!!

Grade A

P.S. Suck it Dallas!!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
No way would Reid have been at pick #31. I read where the Giants,Bengals and Rams all targeted Reid. The Rams moved from the 22nd pick when Reid was no longer available. Baalke got his guy and moved up 13 spots for only the #74 pick. Thank you Jerry Jones.

This. Rams had a major need for safety, so did the Bengals. I wouldn't have been surprised to see either one take Reid. Baalke purposefully jumped in front of both of them to get the safety he wanted.
not a knock on the kid but I dont want to take any player again because the Rams "will"
Foot sucks monkey balls
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
I trust Mayock more than any other talking head. He had Reid going 21 in his mock draft so he was drafted in the neighborhood he was projected to be drafted in. Any player taken outside the top 15 will have flaws in his game; If he didn't then he would've been taken in the top ten. Seems to me that his deficiencies can be fixed with coaching, he needs to refine his game and the 49er staff will help him do that.
Well, unfortunately, Mayock also had Reid ranked as the 4th-best safety in the draft, behind Vaccaro, Elam and Cyprien.

i trust balke's ratingsmuch more than mayock

I wrote that I trust Mayocks analysis more than any other talking head. Baalke is a GM and not a TV personality [talking head].
Reid is going to be a beast. When has Baalke trade up or drafted a guy with size and speed that doesn't end up being good? This is eerily similar to Dalton then Kaep being drafted with Vaccaro and Reid.

Mays, please. That was Sing, we all remember the argument in the war room.
Wanted Floyd but I'm okay with Reid. Worry some about him in coverage but he flies to the ball. We only gave up a mid 3rd so I'm fine with the trade.

Carradine would be phenomenal in the 2nd, especially if we can trade down to a team wanting Geno or Barkley and pick up a 2014 pick.
the more I read the more I love this pick!
I think he will be a great addition to a great D
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Wanted Floyd but I'm okay with Reid. Worry some about him in coverage but he flies to the ball. We only gave up a mid 3rd so I'm fine with the trade.

Carradine would be phenomenal in the 2nd, especially if we can trade down to a team wanting Geno or Barkley and pick up a 2014 pick.

I like that thought!!!!