There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

anybody got any links of him getting drafted I was driving home when they made the trade. I think baalke did it on purpose.
BTW Those who panicked about the Dahl signing look very silly now. Barring injury Reid will be our starting FS and Dahl is a special teams player.
Not sure what you guys are looking for in a safety but this dude is pretty solid. He has three things over Mays: athleticism, intelligence, and Balkee wanted him.

Grade B+ pick, an A if you want to add we didn't give up s**t to get him.

Originally posted by Toronto49er:
I trust Mayock more than any other talking head. He had Reid going 21 in his mock draft so he was drafted in the neighborhood he was projected to be drafted in. Any player taken outside the top 15 will have flaws in his game; If he didn't then he would've been taken in the top ten. Seems to me that his deficiencies can be fixed with coaching, he needs to refine his game and the 49er staff will help him do that.
Well, unfortunately, Mayock also had Reid ranked as the 4th-best safety in the draft, behind Vaccaro, Elam and Cyprien.
coaches must have not like the type of competition Cyprien was going up against.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Not sure what you guys are looking for in a safety but this dude is pretty solid. He has three things over Mays: athleticism, intelligence, and Balkee wanted him.

Grade B+ pick, an A if you want to add we didn't give up s**t to get him.


Just for the record, I dont compare him to Mays, those comparissons are a joke. I personally never made that comparison. I just personally think he fits the SS position better than FS.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
LSU produces studs @ DB, last 2 were Morris Claiborne and Patrick Peterson.

I dont think its a fair comparisson, but i LOL'd.

competition Reid played vs Cyprien is a huge difference
Originally posted by susweel:
anybody got any links of him getting drafted I was driving home when they made the trade. I think baalke did it on purpose.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/0ap2000000163758/49ers-draft-Eric-Reid-No-18
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
I trust Mayock more than any other talking head. He had Reid going 21 in his mock draft so he was drafted in the neighborhood he was projected to be drafted in. Any player taken outside the top 15 will have flaws in his game; If he didn't then he would've been taken in the top ten. Seems to me that his deficiencies can be fixed with coaching, he needs to refine his game and the 49er staff will help him do that.
Well, unfortunately, Mayock also had Reid ranked as the 4th-best safety in the draft, behind Vaccaro, Elam and Cyprien.
Wait, he moved Reid ahead of Cyprien in his latest rankings.Still behind Elam though.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,120
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Dallas needed a safety. If Reid was so good why didn't they just take him instead? In Baalke we must trust

Who cares, Jerry Jones is a clown
after careful consideration, I'm glad that the niners moved up to get this guy. This is why i gave them an "A" draft. There wasn't really anybody "of substance" with the 31st pick. I'm glad Baalke got his guy.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
coaches must have not like the type of competition Cyprien was going up against.

They likely felt more confident about Reid being able to come and step in as the starter from Day One.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
LSU produces studs @ DB, last 2 were Morris Claiborne and Patrick Peterson.

I dont think its a fair comparisson, but i LOL'd.

competition Reid played vs Cyprien is a huge difference

wait, im confused, you were serious?
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by Toronto49er:
I trust Mayock more than any other talking head. He had Reid going 21 in his mock draft so he was drafted in the neighborhood he was projected to be drafted in. Any player taken outside the top 15 will have flaws in his game; If he didn't then he would've been taken in the top ten. Seems to me that his deficiencies can be fixed with coaching, he needs to refine his game and the 49er staff will help him do that.
Well, unfortunately, Mayock also had Reid ranked as the 4th-best safety in the draft, behind Vaccaro, Elam and Cyprien.


i trust balke's ratingsmuch more than mayock
How does Reid compare against Vaccaro?