There are 214 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Could our future DB's look something like this??

CB: T-Brock
CB: Johnson
SCB: Morris/Reaser
SS: Reid
FS: Ward

Could be. I'm sure we'll add even more talent in future years to compete at corner. Ward and Reid are probably the future at safety.
Originally posted by Constantine:

• DeUh
Eric Reid is awesome. You can hear the intelligence in his words. I love having a safety with great smarts and instincts. He also looks to work toward always improving too--never acting like hes 'arrived' yet like some dbs in the league think.

I think the trade up to #18 to select Eric Reid is one of the very best moves that Trent Baalke has done in all of his drafts. It shows from Eric just what Baalke envisions in a 49er.

Reid I really believe has been a huge part in this preseason with so many balls being intercepted. Even though he isn't the one coming up with the catch, him being in good positions makes qbs place balls in other locations that may be tipped or picked off. Eric Reid is going to do great things this year with probably in the top 2 of players with the most growth from last year to this.
Originally posted by DeUh:

is that vance? anyways, eric is going to be awesome as long as he stays healthy
  • DeUh
Originally posted by kujon11:
is that vance? anyways, eric is going to be awesome as long as he stays healthy

Yes.
Just thought I'd share an old observation:

Eric Reid is a good looking young fella. No homo.
  • DeUh
Eric Reid's 2014 Training Camp Experience

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-1/Eric-Reids-2014-Training-Camp-Experience/4b948021-35d8-4d06-9528-2f560b99ef56?campaign=social_20140822_30245296
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Eric Reid is a good looking young fella. No homo.

agree, but with major homo.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
What is really impressive when you watch him play is his field awareness and closing speed; it just jumps out at you. The play that comes to mind is the tackle for no gain on a 3rd and 1 on a Rivers pass to Ryan Mathews in the flat early in yesterday's game.
  • DeUh
Mic'd Up: Eric Reid at Training Camp Practice

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Micd_Up_Eric_Reid_at_Training_Camp_Practice/6ae7e161-746d-46b3-89a1-440191de1c61
Originally posted by FL9er:
What is really impressive when you watch him play is his field awareness and closing speed; it just jumps out at you. The play that comes to mind is the tackle for no gain on a 3rd and 1 on a Rivers pass to Ryan Mathews in the flat early in yesterday's game.
Wow, this is what I told a buddy of mine, almost verbatim. That play was nothing short of outstanding! First of all, the fact that he was able to accelerate over there that quickly was impressive -- he covered a lot of ground. Second, he stopped Matthews in his tracks; even though he was over there in time, I thought for sure that Matthews wold muscle his way for a first down.

The closing speed is something Reid has displayed from day one. I remember last season his closing speed blowing me away on special teams. There was one punt return in particular -- I think it was against Tavon Austin and the Rams -- and he turned on the burners and stopped Austin for no gain.
He had 1 over pursuit missed tackle but other than that he continues to get better every game and that is scary.. having Bathea deep and having reid patrol the middle intermediate areas like he was on certain plays is trouble for other offenses... extremely intelligent and athletic and he not only sees the play he makes the play. that interception was a thing of beauty.