There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by ace49ers:
The coaching staff must be really REALLY high on the kid to be the leader in that secondary going into his 2nd yr.

Surrounded with above-average CB's. It's certainty a significant gamble
Originally posted by joshuatree:
The coaching staff must be really REALLY high on the kid to be the leader in that secondary going into his 2nd yr.

Reid didnt make many mistakes and when he did he never made them again after. I trust the dude. hes a very smart player and has great awareness. cant wait to see how he's improved this season
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by joshuatree:

you do realize the season is not starting tomorrow correct? its not a sprint for gods sake people
  • Happs
  • Veteran
Ran into some Niner Players at Squaw Valley today where they are having the annual 49ers Winterfest. I recognized Eric Reid but not sure the others. Anyone know?

Originally posted by Happs:
Ran into some Niner Players at Squaw Valley today where they are having the annual 49ers Winterfest. I recognized Eric Reid but not sure the others. Anyone know?

Awesome man! Pretty sure the white guy is Kevin McDermott. Not sure who the other is...maybe Corey Lemonier.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Awesome man! Pretty sure the white guy is Kevin McDermott. Not sure who the other is...maybe Corey Lemonier.

I think it is Moody. Anybody else want to play name that 9er?
What they said about Eric Reid:

NFL Media's Mike Mayock: "This kid is a big physical safety with great movement skills. Not a consistent tackler. I wasn't wild about his bowl game against Clemson. But this kid can flat out play. He will be a wonderful complement to Donte Whiter."

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr.: "He's a kid they really like, and I'd pencil him in as the starter, I just thought he wasn't as good as maybe five other safeties that went after him. But you have the picks, you get who you want. And if Reid plays like he did in 2011, not 2012, they got a player."

ProFootballTalk's Curtis Crabtree: "The 49ers had one major pressing need to fill heading into the draft at the safety position and got the player they wanted with their first selection. Reid should be expected to start from day one alongside Donte Whitner."

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks: "With size, speed and athleticism comparable to the recently departed Dashon Goldson, Reid might be the perfect replacement."

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat's Lowell Cohn: "The 49ers just got themselves a starter in an area of need. And they were aggressive and they were creative. Good for them and good for Baalke."

SFGate.com's Kevin Lynch: "He has the requisite size at 6-foot-1, 213 lbs, and he's a physical player. He can also cover tight ends and had a clutch interception to beat Alabama in 2011. How well does hit? He once jarred the ball loose from 'Bama running back Trent Richardson. He also has the smarts to play the position, made the calls for the LSU defense, and he's a high-character guy. However, at times, Reid can get lost in coverage and take bad angles. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with receivers on the outside but won't be asked to do that often, if ever."

The Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows: "Reid stands out for his size and his reputation as a big hitter. Free-agent pickup Craig Dahl may start the season opposite Donte Whitner but Reid, 21, will be expected to take over at some point, especially since the 49ers gave up extra picks to get him."

USA Today Sports' Nate Davis: "It's a great scenario for Reid, who merely has to play within himself on one of the league's toughest defenses."

CBSSports.com's Rob Rang: "Tampa Bay paid big money to ex-49ers safety Dashon Goldson, but Eric Reid's speed, explosiveness and ball skills might make him an upgrade."

Jim Harbaugh via 49ers.com's Taylor Price: "He's a hard-hitting tackler and can play the deep part of the field really well… The whole body of work has been outstanding. He played big in big games… He's a top-shelf guy."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/What-Experts-Said-after-49ers-Drafted-Eric-Reid/795c57e4-d217-4b1f-972c-b2fcaa2eb4de
^^^ lol nate davis
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lucky_49:
^^^ lol nate davis

he always manages to find a way to still be a part of niner folklore
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What they said about Eric Reid:

NFL Media's Mike Mayock: "This kid is a big physical safety with great movement skills. Not a consistent tackler. I wasn't wild about his bowl game against Clemson. But this kid can flat out play. He will be a wonderful complement to Donte Whiter."

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr.: "He's a kid they really like, and I'd pencil him in as the starter, I just thought he wasn't as good as maybe five other safeties that went after him. But you have the picks, you get who you want. And if Reid plays like he did in 2011, not 2012, they got a player."

ProFootballTalk's Curtis Crabtree: "The 49ers had one major pressing need to fill heading into the draft at the safety position and got the player they wanted with their first selection. Reid should be expected to start from day one alongside Donte Whitner."

NFL.com's Bucky Brooks: "With size, speed and athleticism comparable to the recently departed Dashon Goldson, Reid might be the perfect replacement."

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat's Lowell Cohn: "The 49ers just got themselves a starter in an area of need. And they were aggressive and they were creative. Good for them and good for Baalke."

SFGate.com's Kevin Lynch: "He has the requisite size at 6-foot-1, 213 lbs, and he's a physical player. He can also cover tight ends and had a clutch interception to beat Alabama in 2011. How well does hit? He once jarred the ball loose from 'Bama running back Trent Richardson. He also has the smarts to play the position, made the calls for the LSU defense, and he's a high-character guy. However, at times, Reid can get lost in coverage and take bad angles. He doesn't have the speed to keep up with receivers on the outside but won't be asked to do that often, if ever."

The Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows: "Reid stands out for his size and his reputation as a big hitter. Free-agent pickup Craig Dahl may start the season opposite Donte Whitner but Reid, 21, will be expected to take over at some point, especially since the 49ers gave up extra picks to get him."

USA Today Sports' Nate Davis: "It's a great scenario for Reid, who merely has to play within himself on one of the league's toughest defenses."

CBSSports.com's Rob Rang: "Tampa Bay paid big money to ex-49ers safety Dashon Goldson, but Eric Reid's speed, explosiveness and ball skills might make him an upgrade."

Jim Harbaugh via 49ers.com's Taylor Price: "He's a hard-hitting tackler and can play the deep part of the field really well… The whole body of work has been outstanding. He played big in big games… He's a top-shelf guy."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/What-Experts-Said-after-49ers-Drafted-Eric-Reid/795c57e4-d217-4b1f-972c-b2fcaa2eb4de

Kiper, LOL. But even the negative sides were pretty spot on as well...a couple poor angles in run support, a little lost at times in the deeper passing game, etc. Overall, he had an outstanding year and I think if we can play more press coverage, schemes that allow Bethea to play his game, some single-high FS looks, etc. he could look even better with more INT's/TOs.
Bathea is already speaking highly of him.

The guys in the red and grey are joe Montana and Jerry rice
High praise for Reid from the Lord himself.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/06/11/sophomore-slump-why-fangio-doesnt-forsee-one-for-reid/

In detailing his career, Fangio, who is in his 30th season in professional football, said two players he's coached, late linebacker Sam Mills and 49ers linebacker Patrick Willis, became great because they always approached the game as if they were on the roster bubble.

In other words, they combined awesome talent with an overachiever mentality.

Asked if any other players who fit that description came to mind, the 49ers' 22-year-old safety was among those Fangio mentioned.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The guys in the red and grey are joe Montana and Jerry rice

No. The guy in red is Paraag Marathe, the SalaryCapKiller
...and 50cent on the right
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jun 13, 2014 at 4:13 PM ]
Could our future DB's look something like this??

CB: T-Brock
CB: Johnson
SCB: Morris/Reaser
SS: Reid
FS: Ward