There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by kap2crab:
Man I sure feel for Reid. He loses Whitner, who I'm sure was the guy he was closest to on the team and real big mentor and leader for him. Then he loses the 2 corners that played the most for the team (Brown, Rogers) and the only other corners returning (Brock, Culliver, Wright) were either out all year or in and out of the lineup. No real familiarity for him in the secondary and he's still just a 22 year old pup finding his way in this league. I know deep down that letting Whitner walk when he got offered that much money was the right decision, but keeping him would have been so great for Reid. Sucks.

Pretty sure he'll have a lot to learn from a guy like Bethea. An experienced veteran safety whose playing style is more similar to that of Reid's, I think it could be a great pairing.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i have made a living out of letting my emotions get the best of me here on the zone i tend to do alot of knee jerk reactions, like when we traded a linebacker whose name i do not even remember anymore

jaime winborn?

still missing?
ERIC REID VS. HA-HA CLINTON DIX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msB2cYNL_o4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAUAN7nHy5U

Tell me these dudes aren't identical... Gosh Ha-Ha is gonna have a great NFL career. I wish we could get him. I'd trade up to get him if we didn't get Bethea.
The coaching staff must be really REALLY high on the kid to be the leader in that secondary going into his 2nd yr.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Pretty sure he'll have a lot to learn from a guy like Bethea. An experienced veteran safety whose playing style is more similar to that of Reid's, I think it could be a great pairing.

Even though Bethea's a vet, the difference is that in terms of experience in Fangio's D, Reid's actually more experienced than Bethea. That's what was good about Whitner. He was able to mentor Reid, being as last year he was in his 3rd year playing for Fangio and this year would have been his 4th.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Even though Bethea's a vet, the difference is that in terms of experience in Fangio's D, Reid's actually more experienced than Bethea. That's what was good about Whitner. He was able to mentor Reid, being as last year he was in his 3rd year playing for Fangio and this year would have been his 4th.

Agreed. I'm interested to see who makes the pre-snap calls in the secondary. Reid seems like a smart player capable of handling those duties, but that's kind of wishful thinking. I'm just going off Reid's demeanor and what seems to be good leadership skills. So although Bethea is an 8 year vet, he's new to this scheme. He's also been in the AFC his entire career so his familiarity to NFC offenses may be limited, but IND did play the NFC West last season. My guess is Reid will handle the coverage calls unless/until Bethea shows he can handle it.
His training wheels are off with Whitner gone.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
i have made a living out of letting my emotions get the best of me here on the zone i tend to do alot of knee jerk reactions, like when we traded a linebacker whose name i do not even remember anymore

jaime winborn?

still missing?
no last year, haralson or someone like that.. i could care less when we dumped winborn. all he had was one good game vs the giants , he did have the last laugh as he gave mike nolan a black eye, according to ninerwebzone folklore
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
His training wheels are off with Whitner gone.

we are set at safety. I see AB and reid being a great duo for two or three years. I see us drafting a kid either this year or next year. he will set and learn from AB and then take over. at that time reid becomes the mentor to the kids coming up.
  • DeUh
Lets start the weekend of the right way. What a rookie year. I cannot wait for next season

BADASS VIDEO!
  • DeUh
Eric Reid on NFL Total Access
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/0ap2000000336551/Can-the-49ers-get-to-another-NFC-Championship-Game
Great video! Reid is the anti-Dana Hall!!!!
Reid is gonna light people up this year!!! get another young safety to grow with this guy in the draft and were set for years
Rookie mistakes cost the 49ers BIGTIME!!!