Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by susweel:
f**k this dude he hurt bowman and gave up the big run to lynch and lost coverage to baldwin.

Goldson >> Reid

LOL
No

Does Sus even football, bro?

No.
and people think San Diego is nuts

Well he has been letting his emotions get the better of him lately, SD is someone I have respect for. It just takes some longer to heal. I mean come on, everyone that has seen the film analysis threads by Jonnydel and the rest of our guys knows Kap can make more than one read.
#neverforget
#neverforget

Yup pretty much Validates my thoughts. You sir are insane
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
#neverforget

Yup pretty much Validates my thoughts. You sir are insane

#neverforget

Go never forget in another thread.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
f**k this dude he hurt bowman and gave up the big run to lynch and lost coverage to baldwin.

Goldson >> Reid

LOL
No

Does Sus even football, bro?

No.
and people think San Diego is nuts

Well he has been letting his emotions get the better of him lately, SD is someone I have respect for. It just takes some longer to heal. I mean come on, everyone that has seen the film analysis threads by Jonnydel and the rest of our guys knows Kap can make more than one read.

i have made a living out of letting my emotions get the best of me here on the zone i tend to do alot of knee jerk reactions, like when we traded a linebacker whose name i do not even remember anymore
i have made a living out of letting my emotions get the best of me here on the zone i tend to do alot of knee jerk reactions, like when we traded a linebacker whose name i do not even remember anymore

jaime winborn?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

jaime winborn?

I totally forgot about him. What did he do to Nolan?
I watched over his film throughout the season right now and wow I cannot wait to see what he does next year. He made mistakes but people forget that he was just a rookie..with goldson leaving and reid's fast start we all had extremely high expectations week in and week out all the way to the NFCCG. Him and Kaepernick are the two guys I am most excited to see in 2014-2015. I think he could be in MVP talks as soon as his 3rd year
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I totally forgot about him. What did he do to Nolan?

He freelanced. Nolan wouldn't stand for it. It's too bad because he had real good speed. I think Fangio could have done more with him. Of course he didn't do much after he left, so maybe he wasn't all that after all.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I watched over his film throughout the season right now and wow I cannot wait to see what he does next year. He made mistakes but people forget that he was just a rookie..with goldson leaving and reid's fast start we all had extremely high expectations week in and week out all the way to the NFCCG. Him and Kaepernick are the two guys I am most excited to see in 2014-2015. I think he could be in MVP talks as soon as his 3rd year

He sure didn't make as many mistakes as most rookies make. He's a smart player. My guess is that in the next few years, he's going to be considered one of the top five safeties in the league.
Reid had a great year, and like I thought he replaced an overrated Goldson admirably. I hope his mistakes get corrected, although the very few he did commit (especially against seattle in the last game) looked like instinct mistakes, which I dont think one can learn or correct easily. So those kinda threw shade on me hoping hes the next Ed Reed CF FS, lol. Still think hes a multiple pro bowl caliber player in the future, especially on this D.
Great year Reed... Thanks for the hard work and keep it up buddy.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Constantine:
Great year Reed... Thanks for the hard work and keep it up buddy.

Misspelled his name.

FAIL
Man I sure feel for Reid. He loses Whitner, who I'm sure was the guy he was closest to on the team and real big mentor and leader for him. Then he loses the 2 corners that played the most for the team (Brown, Rogers) and the only other corners returning (Brock, Culliver, Wright) were either out all year or in and out of the lineup. No real familiarity for him in the secondary and he's still just a 22 year old pup finding his way in this league. I know deep down that letting Whitner walk when he got offered that much money was the right decision, but keeping him would have been so great for Reid. Sucks.