• Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Not a fan of reid. Hope i am wrong.

Not a fan of the state of Idaho.
Not wrong.

Catch my previous posts? or just decided to add nonsense?

just joking. hyperbole.
Started last 29 of the 39 games he played in... All American, All Academic... Looks like they took the surest bet they saw at safety to start as a rookie.
I trust Mayock more than any other talking head. He had Reid going 21 in his mock draft so he was drafted in the neighborhood he was projected to be drafted in. Any player taken outside the top 15 will have flaws in his game; If he didn't then he would've been taken in the top ten. Seems to me that his deficiencies can be fixed with coaching, he needs to refine his game and the 49er staff will help him do that.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
LSU produces studs @ DB, last 2 were Morris Claiborne and Patrick Peterson.

I dont think its a fair comparisson, but i LOL'd.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by bigwads:

Yup

Also dont twist it. Im not a fan of him in the FS role. I would be a huge fan of him at SS. Like as mentioned, at FS i give the pick a C, at SS its an A.

lol...I was literally writing what you just said as an edit to my last post...great minds think alike.

Bill Polian called him a cover safety. He's a safety who can cover and hit, but needs to improve consistency in run support. That sounds like a FS, not a SS. Polian has evaluated talent for 30+ years, so he should know what he's talking about. Regardless, those positions are interchangeable in our defensive scheme.

they say he was better in 2012 than 2013
My BOI!
Originally posted by blm7754:
I like Reid, but I don't like trading up for him.

Carradine? Jones? Eifert? Patterson? all these guys on the board plus many other great players and we go with a safety? I don't like it.

Let's see what we do with 34...

Yeah because we need 13 rookies on this roster.....
With Woodson saying he would lower his demands to play for the niners (read somewhere last week), I think them drafting Reid could potentially set-up a Woodson signing at close the vet minimum. I mean no one wants him, he's still unsigned. Why not sign him to a vet minimum with incentives especially if we make it to the SB. Woodson can come in and groom Reid for a year or maybe even give him breathers during the season. At this point in Woodsons career, he just wants to make it to the SB before he calls it quits. Niners give him a great chance for that.
I actually was surprised it only took a third to move up 12 spots.

Reid was my favorite safety in this draft. A
I like this pick. Has size and some speed. They can teach him to be a more sure tackler. He look instinctive at the position. I think the Niners moved up and took what the Patriots had wanted. Forcing Belichick to moved out of the first round He looks like Rod Woodson at safety.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM ]
The fact that we can still take Tank Carradine is awesome!

Yup

Here's the weird thing...Reid is being taken as Whitner's eventual replacement, not Goldson's. We are taking another true FS either this year or next.

good!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I like Reid, but I don't like trading up for him.

Carradine? Jones? Eifert? Patterson? all these guys on the board plus many other great players and we go with a safety? I don't like it.

Let's see what we do with 34...

Yeah because we need 13 rookies on this roster.....

And with under a million in salary cap space.
I know nothing about Reid or the draft, but I'm giving this an F because Baalke didn't get that one guy I saw on youtube. He was scoring touchdowns & stuff.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Dallas needed a safety. If Reid was so good why didn't they just take him instead? In Baalke we must trust

Because they wanted a Center.