There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by socalniner:
I think he got BS hitting a defenseless player flag, if so, that was about it. Still concerned about his concussions. I want to see him play a very long time as a niner!
Do you remember what team it was against?

I think it was the hit on Sidney Rice that he got knocked out from.
Originally posted by sfout:
I think it was the hit on Sidney Rice that he got knocked out from.

I went back to read the play by play recap of that game. There was a penalty on that play, but it was an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Rice.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
I went back to read the play by play recap of that game. There was a penalty on that play, but it was an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Rice.

awe. then I dunno
Yea he learned to hit low after the Panthers game. Can't run full steam and hit a guy full steam above the center of gravity doesn't work. That will stop his concussions.
Another reason why I love Eric Reid over Goldson

Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL12m
Dashon Goldson fined $60K for hit on Stedman Bailey http://cbsprt.co/1lmfyWP ; via @cbssports
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

Dashon Goldson fined $60K for hit on Stedman Bailey http://cbsprt.co/1lmfyWP ; via @cbssports

Goldson, who signed with Tampa Bay in the offseason, has now been fined a whopping $190,000 this season ($100,000 of which came after a Week 2 suspension for a helmet-to-helmet hit to Saints running back Darren Sproles was reduced), not to mention the $264,705 in lost wages due to his one-game suspension back in November for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Falcons' wide receiver Roddy White.

..... ouch.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Goldson, who signed with Tampa Bay in the offseason, has now been fined a whopping $190,000 this season ($100,000 of which came after a Week 2 suspension for a helmet-to-helmet hit to Saints running back Darren Sproles was reduced), not to mention the $264,705 in lost wages due to his one-game suspension back in November for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Falcons' wide receiver Roddy White.

..... ouch.

That sucks. He's on the NFL s**tlist. He'll get flagged and fined even though he doesn't deserve them.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

..... ouch.

That sucks. He's on the NFL s**tlist. He'll get flagged and fined even though he doesn't deserve them.

He bolted for more money, so he should be able to afford it.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

..... ouch.

He bolted for more money, so he should be able to afford it.

Dude only cares about making the big hit, which most of the time ends up being helmet to helmet. Glad he is no longer a Niner.
Has Goldson gotten that much more careless with the hits since he left SF or is he being targeted? Or maybe a combination of both? I don't watch enough Tampa games to judge.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Has Goldson gotten that much more careless with the hits since he left SF or is he being targeted? Or maybe a combination of both? I don't watch enough Tampa games to judge.

Some of his fines are unwarranted. He is being targeted.
This mofo wore his big-boy pants today. Solid tackling. When Lacy got past the line, he certainly didn't get past Reid. Props to the rook.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:
This mofo wore his big-boy pants today. Solid tackling. When Lacy got past the line, he certainly didn't get past Reid. Props to the rook.

Yea he had a solid game today. Wasn't it him that got the pick on the offsides play as well? That is his second or 3rd on a free play for the O this year. Glad he has those plays on lockdown.
Originally posted by sfout:
Yea he had a solid game today. Wasn't it him that got the pick on the offsides play as well? That is his second or 3rd on a free play for the O this year. Glad he has those plays on lockdown.

Yep 2 picks on free plays this year for him other was week 1 Rodgers threw a bomb to the goal line. So he's got 4, another 2 on free plays that don't count and probably 3-4 dropped. Guy could be in double digits.
That tackle on Randall Cobb was huge. I thought Cobb was going to keep his balance and score.