Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
This here told me everything about the maturity of this young man

I wish Eric Reid was my dad.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Redeemer:
"It probably would have been the easiest touchdown of my life," Reid said. "I just decided to do the right thing. If we score, that's another kickoff we have to cover. Another opportunity for someone to get hurt. The defense has to go back out and it's another opportunity for someone to get hurt. I think we're going into the end of the year — let's preserve our bodies and let's go home."

For any player to leave a TD on the field for the good of the team is impressive, but a rookie? Wow. This guy is turning into one of my favorites already.

That guy has patrick willis like maturity. He knows that we have been struggling with injuries all season and he has picked the team over personal accomplishments. I hope he is a niner for a while.

That's one of the greatest things I've ever read. Before this new CBA went into effect, we would've had a guy like this extended through 2022 after his second season (I think Reid's rookie deal ends in 2016 or 2017). These kinds of players don't come around often- high character, elite talent, AND smart.

The Eric Reid pick has paid off on so many levels. Not only did we replace an All-Pro free safety with a future All-Pro, but Donte Whitner looks unbelievably better, to the point that we should at least consider extending him and we don't absolutely HAVE to draft a safety in the first or second round if we are able to do that. So many dominoes have fallen with that one pick.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

i have that hat.

Eric Reid wants it back.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
That's one of the greatest things I've ever read. Before this new CBA went into effect, we would've had a guy like this extended through 2022 after his second season (I think Reid's rookie deal ends in 2016 or 2017). These kinds of players don't come around often- high character, elite talent, AND smart.

The Eric Reid pick has paid off on so many levels. Not only did we replace an All-Pro free safety with a future All-Pro, but Donte Whitner looks unbelievably better, to the point that we should at least consider extending him and we don't absolutely HAVE to draft a safety in the first or second round if we are able to do that. So many dominoes have fallen with that one pick.

blown away by his response.
lol

completely
Wish every nfl player was as mature and grounded as he is. The league would be a lot better offer as there are so many selfish, greedy, dumb players (or all of the above). I don't even think the Reid fans thought the pick would have went this well on and off the field.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Wish every nfl player was as mature and grounded as he is. The league would be a lot better offer as there are so many selfish, greedy, dumb players (or all of the above). I don't even think the Reid fans thought the pick would have went this well on and off the field.

I was suspecting we'd take either him or Cyprien, but I was skeptical of the trade up.

Seems like when Baalke trades up, he hits a home run

That's exactly what I said as well when we drafted him. My boy now dons a #35 Reid jersey!
Has Reid been flagged once this season for a penalty?

I don't think he has but I'm not 100 percent certain.
Originally posted by Redeemer:
"It probably would have been the easiest touchdown of my life," Reid said. "I just decided to do the right thing. If we score, that's another kickoff we have to cover. Another opportunity for someone to get hurt. The defense has to go back out and it's another opportunity for someone to get hurt. I think we're going into the end of the year — let's preserve our bodies and let's go home."

For any player to leave a TD on the field for the good of the team is impressive, but a rookie? Wow. This guy is turning into one of my favorites already.

Very impressive indeed. Reminds me of what Colin Kaepernick said as to why he slid at the one yard line in the jets game last year.

"That's one less kickoff we have to cover," Kaepernick told reporters after the game. "That's one less time we have to go out on defense. We can end the game with no more collisions or chance of injury."
Originally posted by SFrush:

not that i can remember

Thats impressive. I also think Willis only has 2 in his career. It may only be 1! I know I haven't missed many plays in his 6 year career.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Dec 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

not that i can remember

I think he got BS hitting a defenseless player flag, if so, that was about it. Still concerned about his concussions. I want to see him play a very long time as a niner!
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

not that i can remember

I think he got BS hitting a defenseless player flag, if so, that was about it. Still concerned about his concussions. I want to see him play a very long time as a niner!

I agree...my favorite young lion on the team. I really, really hope the concusion stuff is behind him and he plays a long healthy career.
Bought my jersey. now here's to hoping he's a career niner.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Do you remember what team it was against?