There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Redeemer:
"It probably would have been the easiest touchdown of my life," Reid said. "I just decided to do the right thing. If we score, that's another kickoff we have to cover. Another opportunity for someone to get hurt. The defense has to go back out and it's another opportunity for someone to get hurt. I think we're going into the end of the year — let's preserve our bodies and let's go home."

For any player to leave a TD on the field for the good of the team is impressive, but a rookie? Wow. This guy is turning into one of my favorites already.

That guy has patrick willis like maturity. He knows that we have been struggling with injuries all season and he has picked the team over personal accomplishments. I hope he is a niner for a while.
Impressive talented unselfish young man that is way more mature than Crabtree!!
True Story, I met Dashon Goldson at the mall in Los Angeles. He was there promoting himself. Mike Singletary was the coach at the time and he kind of blew me off. He was very quiet, and I'm sure that hurt us on the field because he was vocal enough.

The guy was a beast for us, but it did seem (I don't know the exact stats) that he made one to two really bad plays a game like a personal foul and yes, our safeties seemed to get burned a lot. He is a fierce hitter, but it didn't seem like he had any big hits in the game today.

I remember at the beginning of the year, Matt Maiocco said well "there's no way, a rookie is going to come in and be better than Goldson" but he was wrong, he's way better than Goldson and him and whitner have much better communication.
Originally posted by Oldschool9erfan:
True Story, I met Dashon Goldson at the mall in Los Angeles. He was there promoting himself. Mike Singletary was the coach at the time and he kind of blew me off. He was very quiet, and I'm sure that hurt us on the field because he was vocal enough.

The guy was a beast for us, but it did seem (I don't know the exact stats) that he made one to two really bad plays a game like a personal foul and yes, our safeties seemed to get burned a lot. He is a fierce hitter, but it didn't seem like he had any big hits in the game today.

I remember at the beginning of the year, Matt Maiocco said well "there's no way, a rookie is going to come in and be better than Goldson" but he was wrong, he's way better than Goldson and him and whitner have much better communication.

quiet, huge team guy, extremely mature, excellent player. what more can you ask for. hes everything we had in goldson but better... even the hitting. Goldson overcommitted many times to hits or pics and got burned. Safety is the last line of defense. Have you noticed our pass defense is much better without Goldson? because big plays really add up on total yards
[ Edited by hass11 on Dec 16, 2013 at 12:37 AM ]
This upgrade has been a success compared to our Delanie Walker replacement. Cant get them all right
Reid is legit. I had fears this was going to be Dana Hall 2.0...

Reid looks like he will be a cornerstone type of player.
He can be great if he can just avoid getting any more concussions.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
He can be great if he can just avoid getting any more concussions.

he changed his tackle style. i don't think we'll see more
situational awareness is nearly impossible to teach and this guy has it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he does nothing wrong.
Originally posted by cciowa:
he does nothing wrong.

and he makes those around him better because hes so reliable. whitner looks way better and our corners can be more aggressive because they know nothing will get passed reid. brock and t. brown can afford to get a little crazy since reid will clean it up if something gets passed them

This guy is awesome.
This here told me everything about the maturity of this young man
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
This here told me everything about the maturity of this young man

i have that hat.