There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i miss goldsons swag and decapitations.

I don't miss his stupid penalties or blown coverages.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
i miss goldsons swag and decapitations.

I don't miss his stupid penalties or blown coverages.

"I got you"
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 15, 2013 at 7:53 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
he'll also regret it when he's at home crying about not getting DROY this off season.

Eric Reid doesn't cry


just goes unconscious

Originally posted by Afrikan:

That's a nice pic. I like both them guys. People don't kid yourselves, Dashon was a VERY GOOD player and leader for our defense in his 6 years here.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by Afrikan:

That's a nice pic. I like both them guys. People don't kid yourselves, Dashon was a VERY GOOD player and leader for our defense in his 6 years here.

he was also our leader in penalties and blown coverages. for a rookie he showed how smart he was in staying in to save our defense from an untimely injury. very smart football player and he rarely if ever makes mistakes. reid can cover, hit and get concussions way better than goldson.
again, Dashon (or should I say any x9er) haters understate his accomplishments and over exaggerate his mistakes here and there.

if Dashon was a player that constantly blew coverage or drew penalties, he would not get rated ALL PRO at his position... not just ProBowler, but ALL PRO. Or get paid the highest contract for a Safety.

keep being delusional haters...you're only embarrassing yourself.

that all being said, I'm happy with Reid and prefer to have him over Goldson...with his price and current play.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
again, Dashon haters.. (or should I say any x9er) understate his accomplishments and over exaggerate his mistakes here and there.

if Dashon was a player that constantly blew coverage or drew penalties, he would not get rated ALL PRO at his position... not just ProBowler, but ALL PRO.

keep being delusional haters...you're only embarrassing yourself.

that all being said, I'm happy with Reid and prefer to have him over Goldson...with his price and current play.

goldson was very good but he also let a lot of big plays go by trying to be a head hunter and his penalties cost us a few games. reid seems more like the patrick willis type, he does his job extremely well and plays fundamentally sound football. goldson was a great safety and had a lot of flashy hits and picks but he gambled a lot too. i think i like reids style a lot better in a defense like ours.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
again, Dashon haters.. (or should I say any x9er) understate his accomplishments and over exaggerate his mistakes here and there.

if Dashon was a player that constantly blew coverage or drew penalties, he would not get rated ALL PRO at his position... not just ProBowler, but ALL PRO.

keep being delusional haters...you're only embarrassing yourself.

that all being said, I'm happy with Reid and prefer to have him over Goldson...with his price and current play.

goldson was very good but he also let a lot of big plays go by trying to be a head hunter and his penalties cost us a few games. reid seems more like the patrick willis type, he does his job extremely well and plays fundamentally sound football. goldson was a great safety and had a lot of flashy hits and picks but he gambled a lot too. i think i like reids style a lot better in a defense like ours.

"he was also our leader in penalties and blown coverages"

you say and "alot"... that is not true.

never mind comparing him to Reid.

you know it is possible to not change history to try to justify your point to say you prefer Reid.

edit- not trying to single you out hondakillerzx, there are many like yall on here.... yall go with what ever is the in thing to do.

like when everyone felt Brock sucked, just because of one play vs the Giants years ago.

or that Dixon is still a dancer.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
goldson was very good but he also let a lot of big plays go by trying to be a head hunter and his penalties cost us a few games. reid seems more like the patrick willis type, he does his job extremely well and plays fundamentally sound football. goldson was a great safety and had a lot of flashy hits and picks but he gambled a lot too. i think i like reids style a lot better in a defense like ours.

It certainly meshes better with Whitner. Whitner has gone from getting bombed on to being one of the better safeties in the NFL. The problem last season was he was frequently trying to cover up for Goldson going off reservation and doing his own thing. Whitner and Reid seem to be completely on the same page.
Very classy and smart move by Reid.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
again, Dashon haters.. (or should I say any x9er) understate his accomplishments and over exaggerate his mistakes here and there.

if Dashon was a player that constantly blew coverage or drew penalties, he would not get rated ALL PRO at his position... not just ProBowler, but ALL PRO.

keep being delusional haters...you're only embarrassing yourself.

that all being said, I'm happy with Reid and prefer to have him over Goldson...with his price and current play.

goldson was very good but he also let a lot of big plays go by trying to be a head hunter and his penalties cost us a few games. reid seems more like the patrick willis type, he does his job extremely well and plays fundamentally sound football. goldson was a great safety and had a lot of flashy hits and picks but he gambled a lot too. i think i like reids style a lot better in a defense like ours.

"he was also our leader in penalties and blown coverages"

you say and "alot"... that is not true.

never mind comparing him to Reid.

you know it is possible to not change history to try to justify your point to say you prefer Reid.

edit- not trying to single you out hondakillerzx, there are many like yall on here.... yall go with what ever is the in thing to do.

like when everyone felt Brock sucked, just because of one play vs the Giants years ago.

or that Dixon is still a dancer.

i didnt change anything dude, everyone whos watched the niners over the years will tell you the same thing. goldson is a very good safety. he makes the big hits, gets interceptions and all that, but they will also tell you he went for the hit or pick every once in a while and got smoked. im not taking anything away from the guy, i think hes still a great safety, but reid is just better. he does his job and takes care of his responsibilities so he doesnt leave his teamates in the defensive backfield on an island to get blamed for his misses. just look at how solid whitner looks this year because reid is taking care of his responsibilities. and for the record Ive been a fan of brock and dixon for a while so thats definitely not me lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i didnt change anything dude, everyone whos watched the niners over the years will tell you the same thing. goldson is a very good safety. he makes the big hits, gets interceptions and all that, but they will also tell you he went for the hit or pick every once in a while and got smoked. im not taking anything away from the guy, i think hes still a great safety, but reid is just better. he does his job and takes care of his responsibilities so he doesnt leave his teamates in the defensive backfield on an island to get blamed for his misses. just look at how solid whitner looks this year because reid is taking care of his responsibilities. and for the record Ive been a fan of brock and dixon for a while so thats definitely not me lol

Goldson was good for doing something absolutely retarded at least once per game. If anyone on the 49ers defense was going to do something stupid, my money was always on Goldson. That said, he was a table setter for the defense, his hitting and attitude was infectious and guys responded to that. He really helped pump the defense up. Reid isn't nearly as flashy, not as big of a hitter but he seems to be more consistent, he's almost boring in comparison, no dumb penalties, no broken coverages....etc. In the long run, Reid is going to be by far the better player, just more cerebral, better awareness out on the field, better in coverage.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM ]
Reid>Goldson, it's not even close.
"It probably would have been the easiest touchdown of my life," Reid said. "I just decided to do the right thing. If we score, that's another kickoff we have to cover. Another opportunity for someone to get hurt. The defense has to go back out and it's another opportunity for someone to get hurt. I think we're going into the end of the year — let's preserve our bodies and let's go home."

For any player to leave a TD on the field for the good of the team is impressive, but a rookie? Wow. This guy is turning into one of my favorites already.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
again, Dashon (or should I say any x9er) haters understate his accomplishments and over exaggerate his mistakes here and there.

if Dashon was a player that constantly blew coverage or drew penalties, he would not get rated ALL PRO at his position... not just ProBowler, but ALL PRO. Or get paid the highest contract for a Safety.

keep being delusional haters...you're only embarrassing yourself.

that all being said, I'm happy with Reid and prefer to have him over Goldson...with his price and current play.

I loved Dashon when he was with the 49ers. But honestly, I think his price slightly outweighed the benefit, and I applaud Baalke for not biting like other GM's usually do. We found a great replacement, and Dashon got the payday he deserved. Everyone wins! (Even though technically, the 49ers did today )