There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Stay healthy
Nice piece from Bill Williamson at ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3341/goldsons-rookie-replacement-shines

As he notes, many who were concerned about losing Goldson are now happy with Reid.

For those of us who saw Goldson every week, I can't imagine anyone not seeing Reid is an upgrade. Goldson made some highlight hits but also gave up some highlight catches to other teams. He also led the league in personal fouls, a number of them coming in critical situations that hurt the team. He deserves to be on a lousy team with a lot of dissension. I hope he enjoys all that cash he got to go there. Good riddance.

No, I don't like Dashon Goldson.
Originally posted by dj43:

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/3341/goldsons-rookie-replacement-shines

As he notes, many who were concerned about losing Goldson are now happy with Reid.

For those of us who saw Goldson every week, I can't imagine anyone not seeing Reid is an upgrade. Goldson made some highlight hits but also gave up some highlight catches to other teams. He also led the league in personal fouls, a number of them coming in critical situations that hurt the team. He deserves to be on a lousy team with a lot of dissension. I hope he enjoys all that cash he got to go there. Good riddance.

Reid is going to be a stellar FS for years to come .
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

this times infinity for me
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
I'll drop this off right here

49ers rookie Eric Reid is one of only six NFL safeties to have played 400-plus snaps and not allowed a touchdown in coverage.

Reid and Whitner have been frickin awesome!!! Sure some might want Whitner gone, but not me hes a frickin leader and complements nicely.

Agreed
  • NeKro
Originally posted by birdie2bogey:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

49ers rookie Eric Reid is one of only six NFL safeties to have played 400-plus snaps and not allowed a touchdown in coverage.

Reid and Whitner have been frickin awesome!!! Sure some might want Whitner gone, but not me hes a frickin leader and complements nicely.

Agreed

I Agree also, I am so impressed by Reid this season, I may just need to pick up a jersey. Hope he stays healthy and stay with us for many more years to come.
ok the coaches tape thread revealed that reid was out of position 1 time which shows he isn't perfect however he didn't make that same mistake again which is consistent with what the coaches and whitner said about him.

NOW

let's add this to his rookie season lore

Reid deserves his own spotlight this week. He's the only NFC player with three interceptions and two fumble recoveries
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Eric-Reid-Thrives-in-Dashon-Goldson%E2%80%99s-Role/9a1204fc-8a4c-45c8-a712-2fedff0206d3

I'll pick it up and drop it off even further. I think Reid is already the best free safety in the NFL, and will be clearly so by this time next year.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I'll pick it up and drop it off even further. I think Reid is already the best free safety in the NFL, and will be clearly so by this time next year.

they talk up everyone else rightfully so but they leave him out. they just say he's impressive or a good rookie. but that's not what he's doing back there.
he's being the best safety

the scary thing is he's getting better as the season goes on...

he should have 6int's right now and 1td

i think he'll get 2 next game
Originally posted by BrianGO:

they talk up everyone else rightfully so but they leave him out. they just say he's impressive or a good rookie. but that's not what he's doing back there.
he's being the best safety

the scary thing is he's getting better as the season goes on...

he should have 6int's right now and 1td

i think he'll get 2 next game

Goldson would s**t his pretty pewter pants.
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Reid is going to be a stellar FS for years to come .

agreed
Reid is a jolly good fellow that nobody can deny.
Lets just hope his concussions were a result of his tackling style and not a chronic problem.. There is NOTHING not to like about this kid and I can see him becoming a niner legend.
Showing the vet savvy:

"Smart play - Rookie safety Eric Reid made a veteran play late in the game when he intercepted a tipped pass from Buccaneers quarterback Mike Glennon. Instead of following a convoy of teammates to the end zone, Reid simply dropped to the ground.

As Reid noted later, scoring a touchdown would have caused the 49ers to cover a kickoff with a little less than two minutes remaining and would have sent the defense back onto the field. By giving himself up, he allowed the offense to take the field. Kaepernick merely had to kneel down three times to end the game.

"If we go out there at the end of the game and Patrick Willis gets hurt, it's no fun," Reid said. "I've seen things happen in the last plays of the game. Guys get hurt, and it's just unnecessary.""

Still, did any of his veteran teammates tell him he should have tried to score? "Almost all of them," he said with a laugh.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/12/49ers-notes-death-taxes-and-frank-gore.html#more#storylink=cpy
should've scored.