There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
I'll drop this off right here

49ers rookie Eric Reid is one of only six NFL safeties to have played 400-plus snaps and not allowed a touchdown in coverage.

That is amazing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

49ers rookie Eric Reid is one of only six NFL safeties to have played 400-plus snaps and not allowed a touchdown in coverage.

Reid and Whitner have been frickin awesome!!! Sure some might want Whitner gone, but not me hes a frickin leader and complements nicely.

Nice

Stud.
Originally posted by verb1der:

That is amazing.

Is he the only rookie on that list?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yup. Checked out the list on PFF, he is the only rookie to do that.

Shout out to Donte Whitner too. He's only allowed 1 TD so far, after allowing 12 last season including playoffs. Much better this year.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Shout out to Donte Whitner too. He's only allowed 1 TD so far, after allowing 12 last season including playoffs. Much better this year.

I think its clear a lot of that had to do with teh one hit wonder goldson's lack of discipline.

Reid is excellent in run support as well. It's not uncommon to see a running back near the line of scrimmage look like they may have an opening and them WHAM Reid comes rocketing in and stuffs him.
Reid has played well and also helped Whitner look less stupid.
IMO, the impressive improvement of Whitner is due to Reid.

I don't know all the "expert" stuff like many in the zone but I know what I see.

Reid is better than Goldson and makes Whitner better.

PLUS zero stupid bonehead penalties to keep drives alive.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

I think its clear a lot of that had to do with teh one hit wonder goldson's lack of discipline.

Whitner has alluded to goldsons propensity to freelance and how it would often get him in trouble in a couple interviews this year.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, the impressive improvement of Whitner is due to Reid.

I don't know all the "expert" stuff like many in the zone but I know what I see.

Reid is better than Goldson and makes Whitner better.

PLUS zero stupid bonehead penalties to keep drives alive.

It's due to Reid's ability to listen to Whitner. Reid said Whitner took him under his wing and taught him the game. Whitner said that he listens to everything he says takes detailed notes and never makes the same mistake twice.

When you have someone who knows the system and then someone who comes in and learns it immediately and follows it exactly how it's supposed to be then as the other safety you can do your job again.

You see it on the field. Whitner is the run support help in coverage guy again. Reid is the ball hawk sound in his position and can come and make a hit guy

It takes care of the entire secondary. The corners know they have help and can be aggressive they also know what they're supposed to do from play to play thanks in large part to Reid.

And STILL nobody even attempts to challenge him
well worth the trade up

Originally posted by 49erphan:
Reid is excellent in run support as well. It's not uncommon to see a running back near the line of scrimmage look like they may have an opening and them WHAM Reid comes rocketing in and stuffs him.

he's a rocket that hit on rogers the 1st game was all i needed to see

so many incomplete passes because clearly the wr heard footsteps. he's right there running through the play the wr wants no part of it