There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's going to be the best safety in the NFL at some point, I mean when you talk about the total package, this guy is the total package, if you went to work and constructed your ideal safety with intelligence, athleticism, on field awareness, leadership, physical size.......you really couldn't do much better than Reid. Not to go full-homer mode but this guy is simply amazing, just an incredible addition, its no surprise that the secondary has stepped up big time with him out on the field.

not being a homer if its true.

i gloat to my friends all the time. i was the only one jumping up for the niners pick.
remained in position all day today.

on the deep ball he ran the route better and faster than the wr did. if not for sun would've had his 4th int

stopped going for head shots

and after that no more challenges to him.

can't speak highly enough on him
I really like this guy but that was totally catchable today. Lol. Right through his hands.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
and what has he done since the run in with tolbert?

hit when he needs to against smaller opponents. (the hit on the wr is what made him lose control of the ball out of bounds)
and tackle cleanly around the ankles at rb's who come at him full speed.

cannot express just how smart he really is.
changed his entire approach depending on the target and didn't miss a beat.

and still nobody throws deep when its his responsibility to be deep in coverage

He's going to be the best safety in the NFL at some point, I mean when you talk about the total package, this guy is the total package, if you went to work and constructed your ideal safety with intelligence, athleticism, on field awareness, leadership, physical size.......you really couldn't do much better than Reid. Not to go full-homer mode but this guy is simply amazing, just an incredible addition, its no surprise that the secondary has stepped up big time with him out on the field.

Agree. It is so nice to watch this guy play & control the back end of the defense for a rookie!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I really like this guy but that was totally catchable today. Lol. Right through his hands.
Looking up into the sun. Not that easy.

He should be at 5 INT's
Originally posted by Hopper:

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
He should be at 5 INT's

yea probably should have had it but the important thing was someone challenged him again deep after not being challenged for a long time and he beat the wr to the route by a full 5 or 6 yards

He should be at 5 INT's

yea probably should have had it but the important thing was someone challenged him again deep after not being challenged for a long time and he beat the wr to the route by a full 5 or 6 yards

came down like a punt
Originally posted by Allx9er:

He should be at 5 INT's

came down like a punt

He's not used to Shaun Hill type throws....
He should be at 5 INT's

3 plus at least 2 dropped for sure. think it's more like 3 or 4. Also, had the pick on the free play for Rodgers and the packers in the end zone but of course didn't count. My only concern about him is his hitting and I hope he can find a way to protect himself because injuries can cut a career short no matter how good of a player you are.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
3 plus at least 2 dropped for sure. think it's more like 3 or 4. Also, had the pick on the free play for Rodgers and the packers in the end zone but of course didn't count. My only concern about him is his hitting and I hope he can find a way to protect himself because injuries can cut a career short no matter how good of a player you are.

he already changed that part of his game and hasn't missed a beat.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

he already changed that part of his game and hasn't missed a beat.

I dunno man. He still had his head out there when he took that hit today.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
came down like a punt

lol

Indeed! And Tavon Austin is no slouch.
He got injured today?
Barring injury, which frankly is a justifiable concern, he'll be one of the best.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home