There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

I thought Craig Dahl played well at free safety after Reid left the game, and Dahl may have to have the game of his life against red-hot Drew Brees and the Saints on Sunday. This is a game that Reid, who is from Louisiana, would badly like to be part of. However, it was nice to see one prominent teammate preaching caution for Reid's return.

"To see him go down today, it's unfortunate and I pray that he'll be ok," linebacker Patrick Willis said. "But (I) also pray that he does the right thing and take the kind of time that you need. I think this is his second time going down like that. So at the end of the day it's about your health."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/11/film-review-kaepernick-looks-ordinary-reids-concussion-disturbing-backup-defenders-play-well.html#storylink=cpy
his head is swiss cheese, he needs to be shut down for the year IMO
Originally posted by kujon11:
so much for penalizing ballcarriers for leading with their helmet

Both of Reid's concussions came when he squared up slightly low leading with his shoulder in order to deliver a clean hit, both ball carriers came in high and hit him in the head.

If I was him, if it were close--I'd be the one laying the head hits and taking the flags. At least then my future would be more secure.
Saints Kenny Vacarro is out for next week concussion as well NFL network reported
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Saints Kenny Vacarro is out for next week concussion as well NFL network reported

With our WR's it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by TyCore:
Originally posted by kujon11:
so much for penalizing ballcarriers for leading with their helmet

Both of Reid's concussions came when he squared up slightly low leading with his shoulder in order to deliver a clean hit, both ball carriers came in high and hit him in the head.

If I was him, if it were close--I'd be the one laying the head hits and taking the flags. At least then my future would be more secure.

I was thinking the same thing.
I hate to even mention this but I think we may need to draft another FS early for insurance reasons now
Originally posted by jreff22:
I hate to even mention this but I think we may need to draft another FS early for insurance reasons now

Haha Clinton Dix?
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

That's his second concussion this season as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9961466/kenny-vaccaro-new-orleans-saints-says-against-san-francisco-49ers

EDIT Two in the past three games.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 11, 2013 at 2:21 PM ]
reid needs to learn how to tackle. this is the second time hes hit with the side of his head and almost broken his own neck. hope the guy is alright but he wont last long if he keeps tackling like this
ConcussEReid!!
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
reid needs to learn how to tackle. this is the second time hes hit with the side of his head and almost broken his own neck. hope the guy is alright but he wont last long if he keeps tackling like this

IMO it has nothing to do with his technique. I agree with what a previous poster said. He is trying to deliver hard but clean hits, and the two concussions came from players lowering their helmets and hitting hit in the ear hole with the crown of their helmets.

All these rules for protecting offensive layers have had the opposite effect on defensive players.
The kid is too fearless for his own good. Not too many guys would run into a 5'7" 240 pound guy with complete disregard for his own safety. He's a really bright and great guy, too. Hate to see him end up a lima bean because of his stubbornness.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
The kid is too fearless for his own good. Not too many guys would run into a 5'7" 240 pound guy with complete disregard for his own safety. He's a really bright and great guy, too. Hate to see him end up a lima bean because of his stubbornness.

He lead with his shoulder and the RB lead with his head. If Reid was allowed to lead with his head and shoulder like he was taught since he first started playing then he is also protected, both guys get a little woozy and get up and play. But instead, our guy gets a helmet to the chin and is knocked out cold. very dangerous and disturbing play.

That's what happens when you let old farts who don't play football come up with safety rules to protect their wallets. f**king NFL rules are a complete joke.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 11, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He lead with his shoulder and the RB lead with his head. If Reid was allowed to lead with his head and shoulder like he was taught since he first started playing then he is also protected, both guys get a little woozy and get up and play. But instead, our guy gets a helmet to the chin and is knocked out cold. very dangerous and disturbing play.

That's what happens when you let old farts who don't play football come up with safety rules to protect their wallets. f**king NFL rules are a complete joke.

The one thing that I haven't seen called all year is the offensive player leading with the helmet thing. I mean, it happens frequently... Adrian Peterson does it damn near every time.