There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by SFrush:
Second Concussion. Now I'm worried.
I am too, but then again, the guy has been playing football since high school. If he really was prone to concussions, I'm sure we would've heard about this in the draft (for example, Ryan Swope looked like a pretty good prospect, but he dropped all the way to the 5th-6th round because his history was plagued with concussions [of course, he suffered another one in training camp and promptly retired]).

So, I'm sort of on the fence. Maybe he really is prone to concussions... or, more likely, it's probably just a couple of fluke plays.

I really hope it's the latter, because if this guy's career is cut short, it's an absolute shame. He is a stud, and an absolute playmaker. He could be with this team for 10 years if he stays healthy.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Especially when you try to do it with your ear hole

You blame the NFL for that. Lead with the crown of your helmet and you risk receiving the personal foul.

Tolbert is a guy you probably want to tackle low if you're a DB.

Yeah and Reid went for the KO. He's got balls, but after a couple run-ins with guys like Tolbert, hopefully he'll change the way he approaches big guys.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I am too, but then again, the guy has been playing football since high school. If he really was prone to concussions, I'm sure we would've heard about this in the draft (for example, Ryan Swope looked like a pretty good prospect, but he dropped all the way to the 5th-6th round because his history was plagued with concussions [of course, he suffered another one in training camp and promptly retired]).

So, I'm sort of on the fence. Maybe he really is prone to concussions... or, more likely, it's probably just a couple of fluke plays.

I really hope it's the latter, because if this guy's career is cut short, it's an absolute shame. He is a stud, and an absolute playmaker. He could be with this team for 10 years if he stays healthy.

I believe that once you get one they are likely to recur with less of a hit. A couple of weeks ago I brought up his first concussion as the only big worry I had about him, and pretty much got shot down in replies (probably earlier in this thread). Sorry to say I was right ... this is really an issue. He is only 9 games into his career and already has two.
He is a crucial player in our secondary but for the sake of his future I would not mind him missing the next game. Second concussion in one season is something to worry about
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Can Spilman play FS? I don't think I can stomach seeing Dahl back there
that first one against Seattle looked a lot like a stinger

this one was a straight up ear hole shot, Reid was out.

in any case I hope they make sure he's right in the head before he gets back on the field........gotta keep ya head up son
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
that first one against Seattle looked a lot like a stinger

this one was a straight up ear hole shot, Reid was out.

in any case I hope they make sure he's right in the head before he gets back on the field........gotta keep ya head up son

Both concussions looked like he was out cold before he hit the ground.........really sucks
I really hope Eric is okay, he's such a pivotal piece to our team with only 9-games under his belt.
Originally posted by niners94510:
He is a crucial player in our secondary but for the sake of his future I would not mind him missing the next game. Second concussion in one season is something to worry about

Could be a lot longer than that ... and probably should be. Just ask Tony Dorsett, Junior Seau, Dave Duerson and hundreds of others. To have two like this so early, it is possible his career will be but short.
so much for penalizing ballcarriers for leading with their helmet
Way too soon to have another concussion. We need Reid on the field, but he needs to take care of himself first. Sit out at least 2-3 weeks.
  • Liono
Shut him down for the season....why risk his long term future? Niners are going no where this year.
  • Liono
You blame the NFL for that. Lead with the crown of your helmet and you risk receiving the personal foul.

Tolbert is a guy you probably want to tackle low if you're a DB.

Well, can't hitting something with your head cause a concussion just as getting hit in the head?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Way too soon to have another concussion. We need Reid on the field, but he needs to take care of himself first. Sit out at least 2-3 weeks.

of course this is the answer. can not cut off his nose or head to spite his face or whatever the saying is.