There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he had nobody to spread it around to before. now that won't be an excuse if he continues to not pass it to people like manningham or macdonald because the defense won't be able to key in on vd and boldin like they have been for the first 8 games.

we shall wee.

and since this is an eric reid thread, i hope that eric reid continues being arrow up and makes some unbelievable plays in the near future.. i can see that happening.

keep it in the toilet, please
Not to sound all boisterous but I'm pretty sure the rest of the league saw tape of Reid's first game and decided to stay the hell away from him.

The only reason he isn't taking picks to the house is they are not throwing where he is on purpose, and when he gets a pick he is 20 yards away from where he is supposed to be and people are ducking.

Not to go there yet, but Ronnie Lott was like that.
Second Concussion. Now I'm worried.
9 games 2 concussions not good

I have a feeling his career is gonna be effected by this.
Originally posted by susweel:

Yea not looking good
That rule change is killing him. He keeps putting his head awkwardly to the side and getting lite up like a christmas tree. At this point I think he would better off to tackle straight on and risk the penalties. Otherwise he is going to keep getting knocked out over and over.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Yeah this is unfortunate.
  • kush
  • Veteran
Please retire, you're too young to keep going down like that.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by susweel:

Yea not looking good

no concussions in college(as far as I know he only had leg injuries) and 2 in 9 games in the NFL and both happened while trying to form tackle and the WR's full force is applied to the side of his head. Just more proof that concussions are a part of the game and that no matter what the NFL does they won't go away.

Really hope we don't end up with our own Jahvid Best situation.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for SFrush.
Mike Tolbert is like a wrecking ball. Tough guy to tackle.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Mike Tolbert is like a wrecking ball. Tough guy to tackle.

Especially when you try to do it with your ear hole
im worried now
Let's see: Only half way through his rookie season and he already has two concussions. Not a good sign for the future.

Reid needs to stop trying to tackle with his shoulder when players approach him with their head. He's opening his temple and jaw up for a clean knockout. He looked dead on the field today. I'm not saying he should go all Goldson on people, but he has to find a new way to tackle in the NFL.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Especially when you try to do it with your ear hole

You blame the NFL for that. Lead with the crown of your helmet and you risk receiving the personal foul.

Tolbert is a guy you probably want to tackle low if you're a DB.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
I love the way this guy plays, always sacrificing his body to make a big play. Cmon Mr Reid, your health is top priority. I would you much rather you miss the tackle than to have your friends and love ones have to watch you take a hit like that.