There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

was pissed it wasn't Floyd, but Reid is a perfect fit for our defense, and i love that he is 6-2!
I don't dislike Eric Reid, I just don't get it because of the other player that where still there. He fills an immediate need if he is playing FS. I really like that.
I don't know I hope it is a good pick.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Too much whining on forums. How many whined when Kaep was picked? How about when Kaep couldn't even get a hand off done correctly? Trust the coaches & management. We have one of the best crews. Not all the players are gonna pan out according to the mock ratings. Some of these "great" players are gonna be not so great.
when this regime trades up to get their man,, it usually works out very nicely.. davis,, ck and now this kid.

What's funny is that Davis and CK were billed as "athletes" who lacked consistency. Exactly like Reid.

Add Joe Staley to that list.
not to mention the massive slashing of wrists that occured when aldon was chosen
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Can be beaten by quicker slot receivers. Uh, that's great.

anyone can be beat by quicker slot receivers

like I will always lose arm wrestling matches to stronger arm wrestlers
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Welcome aboard

Better not suck

Better not have his hands on his f*ckin hips more like it!
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Unfortunately this guy looks like a Taylor Mays clone.

Taylor Mays was very stiff. Like a board! He struggled to open his hips and transition from a backpedal to run with receivers.

Reid is much more fluid. Not to mention, he is a much better tackler. Reid can bend and get low.

Still, it was a surprise that we moved up to make the pick. At the end of the day though, it is better to go get what you want, rather than to hope for it to fall into your lap.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think he is a liability in coverage. I have seen plenty of him. Where was he when Hopkins ripped the secondary appart?

I think he could be a good SS. And he has all the measurables to show he could be a good cover FS, but IMO right now he is a liability in coverage.

OH right now?? before ever playing a down he's a liability in coverage?? LMAO

Thanks for the insider info!

LOL you guys sure like to twist anyones position when they arent nug hugging. Im talking about college ball here. Get a grip...

IMO he fits better at SS than FS. sorry to disagree.
I like the pick for no other reason than a lot of folks here are whining about it. That might make me a b*****d but yea......don't curr.
The more I watch the more like! Kind of crazy to trade with Dallas...lol
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Taylor Mays was very stiff. Like a board! He struggled to open his hips and transition from a backpedal to run with receivers.

Reid is much more fluid. Not to mention, he is a much better tackler. Reid can bend and get low.

Still, it was a surprise that we moved up to make the pick. At the end of the day though, it is better to go get what you want, rather than to hope for it to fall into your lap.

Reid has experience playing cornerback as well. Mays basically was shielded by a terrific USC defense that helped significantly hide the fact that he was absolutely horrendous in coverage.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's extremely over-aggressive.......that causes him to be out of position and miss some tackles but fortunately, its something that is perfectly coachable. :)

and unlike the person he is replacing, he probably will not cost us anywhere from 15-45 penalty yards a game either and gee maybe he can actually tackle a running back straight up
Reid is an outstanding pick. Future Pro Bowler, and natural leader. HIGH CHARACTER guy. No nonsense. I'm absolutely thrilled we got him.

People will say this was a reach....but when you have a guy pegged - and I think Baalke was eyeballing him all the way - you do what is necessary to make sure you get him. A+ selection!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by baltien:
I like the pick for no other reason than a lot of folks here are whining about it. That might make me a b*****d but yea......don't curr.

and it means no charles woodson
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's extremely over-aggressive.......that causes him to be out of position and miss some tackles but fortunately, its something that is perfectly coachable. :)

and unlike the person he is replacing, he probably will not cost us anywhere from 15-45 penalty yards a game either and gee maybe he can actually tackle a running back straight up

He also doesn't cost $40 million.
Originally posted by gunslinger8:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Too much whining on forums. How many whined when Kaep was picked? How about when Kaep couldn't even get a hand off done correctly? Trust the coaches & management. We have one of the best crews. Not all the players are gonna pan out according to the mock ratings. Some of these "great" players are gonna be not so great.
when this regime trades up to get their man,, it usually works out very nicely.. davis,, ck and now this kid.

What's funny is that Davis and CK were billed as "athletes" who lacked consistency. Exactly like Reid.

Add Joe Staley to that list.
not to mention the massive slashing of wrists that occured when aldon was chosen

Kap too. I remember the million+ "ZOMG WHY DIDN'T WE TRADE UP FOR DALTON!?!" posts.

This may sound crazy, but perhaps the people that get paid to do this might just know a *little* bit more about the draft than you (and the pundits).