There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
To be honest, the game will never be the same. Safeties cannot hit like Ronnie did period. Safeties have to cover now. That's far more important than big hits.

This. Coverage ability for a safety far exceeds hitting ability in importance, 49ers fans know that better than others after seeing how the secondary has improved a lot after Reid came in and Goldson left. Better coverage skills and smarter overall performance vs aggressive and a big hitter and the 49rs are doing better without the latter. Not say that Reid is a slouch, he's laid some big hits this year, but he doesn't go potato and cause stupid penalties or get caught out of position.
FYI guise.....Reid can't hit.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

so pumped to see him reach his amazing potential in the next few years
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

so pumped to see him reach his amazing potential in the next few years

Damn bye wks

Goldson woulda gotten 4 flags thrown, a 50k fine and a one game suspension

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

Woooooo hits! Go Reid!
Hey all. I've been making rookie season highlights of Reid. Here's what I got so far through the bye week.:

Originally posted by VPofCarnage:

This one shows how truly fast and quick Reid is. Look at him fly up there like a heat-seeking missile.
Reid's form tackling should be taught in pee wee football, it's a thing of beauty.

The difference between Goldson and Reid, besides the ability to be a true center fielder, is when Reid goes shoulder first its actually shoulder first and his arm flings out from the follow through where as Goldson would go shoulder first but lean into it with his head.

For a rookie to be playing at this level is just rare, only a few guys from each class can do it... glad we got one of them.
Originally posted by leon49:
Hey all. I've been making rookie season highlights of Reid. Here's what I got so far through the bye week.:

Awesome! Thanks for putting this together, I've been hoping someone would for a while.
Huge Reid fan here. I can't believe he is actually an improvement over Goldson this early in his career. At worst its a push. And I was a big Goldson fan.
Originally posted by ChickenandWaffles:
Huge Reid fan here. I can't believe he is actually an improvement over Goldson this early in his career. At worst its a push. And I was a big Goldson fan.

same. couldn't have asked for a better outcome to losing Goldson.
Originally posted by ChickenandWaffles:

its not even close, this guy is way way better already.

goldson was propped up by what was around him. he sucked in coverage..he didn't cover ground like reid does.

this guy is a game changer. he's our earl thomas
Originally posted by iLL49er:
its not even close, this guy is way way better already.

goldson was propped up by what was around him. he sucked in coverage..he didn't cover ground like reid does.

this guy is a game changer. he's our earl thomas

Only bigger and faster...