There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Didn't have a pick, time to cut his ass.

That's what I'm talking about, forget buying his jersey now. I'm gonna look for a Kyle Williams jersey I heard they're on sale for $1.99 and you get two free tacos too.

Don't you buy the tacos at $1.99 and they throw in the jersey at no extra cost ?
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Didn't have a pick, time to cut his ass.

That's what I'm talking about, forget buying his jersey now. I'm gonna look for a Kyle Williams jersey I heard they're on sale for $1.99 and you get two free tacos too.

Don't you buy the tacos at $1.99 and they throw in the jersey at no extra cost ?

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
he is playing so so well for a rookie

This guy is just beasting it out there on the whole field, all game long. He makes are defense so good and he is only a rookie!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Vaccaro is #3??? LOL! He isn't even the best rookie at his position! Reid is easily the best, followed by Honey Badger.

Kiper must be a Vacarro fan boy

Kiper had Reid behind a bunch of safeties during the draft, he had Vaccaro first, followed by guys like Elam, Cyprien...etc, he's just trying to save face at this point. Vaccaro has been a huge liability in coverage for the Saints, still won't stop Kiper from sucking his cawk.

If the Saints were to re-draft, pretty sure they would still take Vaccaro over Reid. They took Vaccaro for his versatility and he's the perfect guy for Ryan's defense.. Also, Vaccaro is more than just talent, it's his attitude. He's a vicious leader. I've watched both play, Reid is good at what he does and is better in coverage. But beyond that Reid can't touch Vaccaro in tackling and blitzes. He's just way better.
Originally posted by TurfDawg:
If the Saints were to re-draft, pretty sure they would still take Vaccaro over Reid. They took Vaccaro for his versatility and he's the perfect guy for Ryan's defense.. Also, Vaccaro is more than just talent, it's his attitude. He's a vicious leader. I've watched both play, Reid is good at what he does and is better in coverage. But beyond that Reid can't touch Vaccaro in tackling and blitzes. He's just way better.

Joining a couple weeks early, huh?

I have seen all but one of the Saints games and Vaccaro is not quite as good, and is a downright liability in coverage. Reid has more tackles, passes defended, interceptions and return yards. Vaccaro does have a sack but we don't blitz Reid because a good free safety is more valuable in coverage. You should watch some games for real saints fan...
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Nov 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM ]

lol Reid is orchestrating a top rated pass defense that hasn't had the benefit of a very good pass rush.

Has had 3int almost a pick 6 sure tackler and big hitter

If our defense called for reid to blitz he would he's shown great timing at the snap the chiefs game comes to mind. you say "at what he does" you mean be a safety stay in excellent position, be a ball hawk come up lay the hat and don't allow yac? hmm beyond that im wondering what else is he supposed to be doing?

versatility as in calling on him to blitz? that's your list? lol

Vacarro isn't way better. He isn't better than him physically or mentally.

Have a good day
I wanted vaccaro too, as I thot he was the better player. I knew they were close in talent. But after watching Reid, he is close to my favorite player, because he plays like a guy who is in his 6th yr. He is incredibly talented, has instinct for the ball like nobody we have seen in ages....Kinda like Lott knew where the ball was going to be, I see a lot of that in Eric. His tackling isn't as violent as Dashon, but he doesn't make the boneheaded penalties that Goldson did either...and his tackling is fine. He may not cream somebody in open field, but he will NOT miss the tackle either. You would call Reid a very sure tackler.

On Pass D, goldson frustrated the hell out of me tackling after the pass was caught...BIG HIT, but still a completion. Reid seems to have that instinct for the ball and he is there BEFORE the pass is caught. I was glad to see goldson and his stupid penalties go, ( a minority opinion), but now people say Dashon who? I think we moved up 16 slots to get Reid, and I thot, jeez, if we were going to do that, why not get vacarro? Well, that's why Trent and Coach make the picks, not I. They done good, and in the end, Reid will be recognized as the better of two very good DBs(CB/SS). Hands down, I believe Eric to be the better player...but vacarro isn't bad either. Glad we got who we did.

One other thing of note is that when a pass play turns into a run, Reid is right up there with the ball carrier, even tho one of the LBs may beat him to it. He is just a complete player, who seems to get better by the game.
New bReid of safeties! Beware, be very aware!
Yup, he's a difference maker. Elite vision and speed of play. These qualities aren't learned it's just how his brain works and acquires information. He reads things faster and gets places sooner. You can't value that enough. If he doesn't get hurt he could be our Ed Reed.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I wanted vaccaro too, as I thot he was the better player. I knew they were close in talent. But after watching Reid, he is close to my favorite player, because he plays like a guy who is in his 6th yr. He is incredibly talented, has instinct for the ball like nobody we have seen in ages....Kinda like Lott knew where the ball was going to be, I see a lot of that in Eric. His tackling isn't as violent as Dashon, but he doesn't make the boneheaded penalties that Goldson did either...and his tackling is fine. He may not cream somebody in open field, but he will NOT miss the tackle either. You would call Reid a very sure tackler.

On Pass D, goldson frustrated the hell out of me tackling after the pass was caught...BIG HIT, but still a completion. Reid seems to have that instinct for the ball and he is there BEFORE the pass is caught. I was glad to see goldson and his stupid penalties go, ( a minority opinion), but now people say Dashon who? I think we moved up 16 slots to get Reid, and I thot, jeez, if we were going to do that, why not get vacarro? Well, that's why Trent and Coach make the picks, not I. They done good, and in the end, Reid will be recognized as the better of two very good DBs(CB/SS). Hands down, I believe Eric to be the better player...but vacarro isn't bad either. Glad we got who we did.

One other thing of note is that when a pass play turns into a run, Reid is right up there with the ball carrier, even tho one of the LBs may beat him to it. He is just a complete player, who seems to get better by the game.

To be honest, the game will never be the same. Safeties cannot hit like Ronnie did period. Safeties have to cover now. That's far more important than big hits.
Out of 58 eligible safeties that have played 250-plus snaps, Eric Reid ranks 12th in the league with a +4.8 grade, per the Pro Football Focus rating system. Elam is 39th of 58 (-2.5), while the first safety off the board, Vacarro, is 50th (-6.1). Then there is Cyprien who is dead last in the league with -18.6.
Vaccaro is #3??? LOL! He isn't even the best rookie at his position! Reid is easily the best, followed by Honey Badger.

Kiper had Reid behind a bunch of safeties during the draft, he had Vaccaro first, followed by guys like Elam, Cyprien...etc, he's just trying to save face at this point. Vaccaro has been a huge liability in coverage for the Saints, still won't stop Kiper from sucking his cawk.

Lay off the crack pipe.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Lay off the crack pipe.

This, drugs destroy the mind!
Goniners

Whatever helps you sleep at night, Vaccaro has been turrible in coverage, meanwhile Reid looks like a 10 year vet, all-around a better player thus far.