There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Well he does have the most tackles of all rookie DB's... So there's that.

yea but that's not good for a safety

this. all that means is they have s**tty LB's.

Not necessarily. Reid is fast as hell, he flies in from the secondary to make stops.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 27, 2013 at 7:51 PM ]
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

And everything else. I don't know if Reid looks much better on the Jags to be honest. Don't get me wrong though I definitely wouldn't trade Reid for even Cyprien and a first round pick.

I don't know why the Jags don't take a page from Cleveland's book and start trading everyone to re-build their team. Oh yeah because they're the biggest joke of a franchise in sports.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Not necessarily. Reid is fast as hell, he flies in from the secondary to make stops.

if your safety is making majority of the tackles, unless he's living at the line of scrimmage and blitzing a lot it means a whole of other people are getting beat. that's why he's the safety not the 1st option

for the 6th week in a row, if Reid is in the game, there are no deep passes to his side. they might try over the middle, or to Whitner's side but not his, and that speaks volumes.

and to speak on his speed, today when they broke the passing play to Whitner's side, Reid actually came from his and beat him to the spot to cut off the angle on the wr.

He still has trouble if he has to run from a long distance after the wr has made the catch and wrapping up on the sidelines.. i don't know why. but in the middle of the field he's money.

other than that he's decisive, and not out of position. there are no Yac when he gets you and he has every db's back.

He's a pro bowler imo. He probably won't get many more int opportunities cause he won't be seeing passes to his side for much more of the season.
Didn't have a pick, time to cut his ass.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

hands on hips?
Originally posted by GoNiners:
hands on hips?
Its cause he's not seeing the entire field. He's a one read safety.
he is playing so so well for a rookie
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoNiners:

hands on hips?

they are to small, they will not fit on his hips
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

That's what I'm talking about, forget buying his jersey now. I'm gonna look for a Kyle Williams jersey I heard they're on sale for $1.99 and you get two free tacos too.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

That's what I'm talking about, forget buying his jersey now. I'm gonna look for a Kyle Williams jersey I heard they're on sale for $1.99 and you get two free tacos too.

On my way to get that. I'll send you the jersey but I'm keeping the tacos.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

you put the jersey on, you will drop your tacos and then you are s**t out of luck for lunch
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Comparing PFF numbers on some of the top safeties in the 2013 draft.

Kenny Vaccaro -6.1 Total. -2.6 in pass coverage.

Matt Elam -2.8 Total -1.8 in pass coverage

John Cyprien -18.6 Total -14.4 in pass coverage

DJ Swearinger -3.9 Total -1.8 in pass coverage

JJ Wilcox 0.3 Total -1.8 in pass coverage

Eric Reid 4.8(Ranked 12th among all safeties) 4.1 in pass coverage.
First of all, let it be known that I love Pro Football Focus. I am a subscriber. Have been for two years.

However, to me, secondary would have to be one of the hardest positions to objectively judge. The play of a member of the secondary is greatly dependent on the pass rush and/or overall defensive scheme, so I have doubt that sometimes safeties on poor defenses get graded more poorly than they should (and conversely, players on great defenses have their inefficiencies masked)

Again, not to take away from PFF or Reid. Love them both. Just think the numbers have to be taken with a grain of salt.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 29, 2013 at 7:30 PM ]
Originally posted by theduke85:
First of all, let it be known that I love Pro Football Focus. I am a subscriber. Have been for two years.

However, to me, secondary would have to be one of the hardest positions to objectively judge. The play of a member of the secondary is greatly dependent on the pass rush and/or overall defensive scheme, so I have doubt that sometimes safeties on poor defenses get graded more poorly than they should (and conversely, players on great defenses have their inefficiencies masked)

Again, not to take away from PFF or Reid. Love them both. Just think the numbers have to be taken with a grain of salt.

the eye test is what works.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Yeah Whitner had like 140 one year in Buffalo. Usually means teams are passing on you for a lot of yards or your LB's and DL are not doing their job. I would think the average is around 65-85 or so for a SS. 90-100 is somewhat high, you start getting in the 110 area probably not a good thing.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 29, 2013 at 8:15 PM ]