There are 171 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by theduke85:
Mel Kiper released a list of top 35 rookies (by performances so far) of this year; Reid was 9th. He put GENO SMITH ahead of Reid, LOL!

Who were the other seven rookies he put ahead of Reid?
In order:

Richardson
Alonso
Vaccaro
Lotulelei
Oglretree
Geno
Keenan Allen
Mathieu
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 25, 2013 at 11:30 AM ]
In order:

Richardson
Alonso
Vaccaro
Lotulelei
Oglretree
Geno
Keenan Allen
Mathieu

Vaccaro is #3??? LOL! He isn't even the best rookie at his position! Reid is easily the best, followed by Honey Badger.

Kiper must be a Vacarro fan boy
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM ]
that's good that mel kiper said this. if he doesn't like someone that usually means they're destined for a hof career.

reid's play speaks for itself and he'll continue to get better and make even more things happen. you see it from week to week. having the db's in the right positions, i can't remember at any point last year where culliver,rogers,brown...any of them before a snap would look back to goldson to see what they should do.

but i notice it after every shift in formation and most snaps whoever is on reid's side looks back at him, and he tells them what they should be doing.

that and the fact that qb's know not to throw deep to his side is worth more than a kiper endorsement
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
that's good that mel kiper said this. if he doesn't like someone that usually means they're destined for a hof career.

reid's play speaks for itself and he'll continue to get better and make even more things happen. you see it from week to week. having the db's in the right positions, i can't remember at any point last year where culliver,rogers,brown...any of them before a snap would look back to goldson to see what they should do.

but i notice it after every shift in formation and most snaps whoever is on reid's side looks back at him, and he tells them what they should be doing.

that and the fact that qb's know not to throw deep to his side is worth more than a kiper endorsement

The probably looked back to make sure Goldson knew what to do.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Vaccaro is #3??? LOL! He isn't even the best rookie at his position! Reid is easily the best, followed by Honey Badger.

Kiper must be a Vacarro fan boy

Everyone is all up on Vacarro because he's played just about every position at defense other than d-line.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:

The probably looked back to make sure Goldson knew what to do.

you just might be right
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Everyone is all up on Vacarro because he's played just about every position at defense other than d-line.

but how has he been at safety? lol
In order:

Richardson
Alonso
Vaccaro
Lotulelei
Oglretree
Geno
Keenan Allen
Mathieu

Kiper
never trust a dude that looks like a butch lesbo
Even if you trust Kiper I'd probably stop once the draft is over. Who knows how much NFL this guy watches. I'd think he works on college film a ton more. He probably has some bias in there as well for guys he liked. That's just my guess. We might be a little biased too but I wouldn't put some of those guys ahead of Reid. Either way doesn't bother me I'll just take the wins; they can have their bad teams and "better" rookies.

Reid has 3 ints... 1 int that didn't count on a free play for the Packers where he picked it in the end zone. Then another dropped int that could have been a pick 6. He might have dropped one more int (anyone remember others). Some missed tackles but really guy could be averaging close to an int a game. Doesn't seem like QB's have went after him at all and have stayed away from his deep area. Not to mention the guy hits hard without getting penalties.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]
Reid has more passes defensed and more ints than Vaccaro. They have about the same number of tackles.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Reid has more passes defensed and more ints than Vaccaro. They have about the same number of tackles.

reid has also dropped a couple INT's that hit him right in the numbers.
f**k david viccari
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
never trust a dude that looks like a butch lesbo

Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

There was a buzz in the stadium after that hit.