Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
should be pretty good

I was right.

My nigha sus knows talent when he sees it.

#thegrindisreal

THIS
makes 2 of us.

from the draft forum.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I really hope we move up and take Reid in the first. Dude is gonna be a beast. will be in the running for DROY. Book it.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I remember everyone saying he would be the SS...I tried telling everyone he is a great FS at LSU!

prove it.

go through the start of this thread boss....im too lazy to search copy and paste all that.
Originally posted by thl408:
I thought the salary cap space allotment for the D was going to go mainly into the front 7. Reid will be the exception. Still 3 years away from it becoming an issue, but if he continues to get better, he is a must keep.

Don't we have him for five?
  • yoshi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:

New CBA enforces four on all drafted rookie's contract.
Originally posted by yoshi:
Originally posted by BrianGO:

New CBA enforces four on all drafted rookie's contract.

ChazBoner and ninerlifer, I found this on post #177 on page 12 (bored at work, nothing better to do than help research!):

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
whitner may be a cap casualty. Depends on where they see Reid playing...SS or FS..

Lol what?!?!? Reid ain't a SS....dude is great at coverge....trust me I. Live in Alabama and have seen this dude many a times...

I disagree personally.

Live in Idaho? Probably don't get a lot of SEC football there....trust me we got a helluva player. And no way he is a SS.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
He looks cool.

See I called it too.
He was the guy I wanted during the season last year but he started falling on draft boards so when the draft came I wanted Datone Jones in the first and Amerson in the second. That would've been great too but I'm ecstatic with Reid and Carradine, I think their potential is higher.
Mel Kiper released a list of top 35 rookies (by performances so far) of this year; Reid was 9th. He put GENO SMITH ahead of Reid, LOL!
Reid should be a candidate for DROY (and the pro bowl IMO). Alonzo in Buffalo deserves consideration, and I think the DROY so far is Sheldon Richardson. But Reid is up there IMO.
Originally posted by Spike1000:
ChazBoner and ninerlifer, I found this on post #177 on page 12 (bored at work, nothing better to do than help research!):

whitner may be a cap casualty. Depends on where they see Reid playing...SS or FS..

Lol what?!?!? Reid ain't a SS....dude is great at coverge....trust me I. Live in Alabama and have seen this dude many a times...

I disagree personally.

Live in Idaho? Probably don't get a lot of SEC football there....trust me we got a helluva player. And no way he is a SS.

Well i say good call! I said the same, tho he is (balling) transitioned much smoother then i thought n i loved the pick from the start!
Originally posted by theduke85:
Mel Kiper released a list of top 35 rookies (by performances so far) of this year; Reid was 9th. He put GENO SMITH ahead of Reid, LOL!

Who were the other seven rookies he put ahead of Reid?

Mel "There's about six safeties I'd take before Reid" Kiper has gone senile from wearing that hair helmet for too long.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Mel "There's about six safeties I'd take before Reid" Kiper has gone senile from wearing that hair helmet for too long.

Did he say that recently or during the draft? I know he said he really liked our draft but would've rated it higher of we took a safety he liked better.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Did he say that recently or during the draft? I know he said he really liked our draft but would've rated it higher of we took a safety he liked better.

No way he said it recently. Reid is the best safety of this years class thus far.