There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
He's a Pro Bowler THIS year if he doesn't get hurt, right?

great. u just jinxed it. thanks a lot. he'll probably go down against the jags and be out for the season.

I say if that happens we track LA9erfan down and bust kneecaps.

I don't think we play Reid this week against the Jags. He had a slight limp after the game last night. Team will want to let that high ankle sprain fully heal before we head into rough waters
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
He's a Pro Bowler THIS year if he doesn't get hurt, right?

great. u just jinxed it. thanks a lot. he'll probably go down against the jags and be out for the season.

I say if that happens we track LA9erfan down and bust kneecaps.

I don't think we play Reid this week against the Jags. He had a slight limp after the game last night. Team will want to let that high ankle sprain fully heal before we head into rough waters

If he's ready he's playing. The 49ers have the bye week after the London game and really need to finish up the 1st half of the schedule with a win.
Where's that gif of him making that hit on Wright. Wright was pissed after he got pwned.
High ankle sprain? If he had that I doubt he would've returned to the game.
Hopefully we don't play him, Dorsey, Willis and anyone else that needs to heal up before the next long haul begins.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Hopefully we don't play him, Dorsey, Willis and anyone else that needs to heal up before the next long haul begins.

nobody is that hurt.

play them dominate and then take them out

secure the win first and then they have a bye after this week anyway. they're not going to london in order to sit
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by frankie:
Reids an absolute badass and he is ours for many yrs to come
Goniners

Yeah. I didn't like the pick am stoked to be wrong. He is the real deal. Crazy how we upgraded a position of need for cheaper.

Yeah i liked the pick but id be lieing if i said i honestly thoufht he would be playing this level. He seems to be playing better then dashon with out the 15 yarders!!! And a small sliver of a price! Loved the pick but definately exceeded 1st yr expectations. I expected a lil learning curve but have seen none
Goniners

Yeah. I didn't like the pick am stoked to be wrong. He is the real deal. Crazy how we upgraded a position of need for cheaper.

Yeah i liked the pick but id be lieing if i said i honestly thoufht he would be playing this level. He seems to be playing better then dashon with out the 15 yarders!!! And a small sliver of a price! Loved the pick but definately exceeded 1st yr expectations. I expected a lil learning curve but have seen none

It's no big shock to me that he is better than Big Money Da$hon, he was graded a first round talent whereas Da$hon was a late round corner turned safety. He should be better than Gold$on.
Goniners

It's no big shock to me that he is better than Big Money Da$hon, he was graded a first round talent whereas Da$hon was a late round corner turned safety. He should be better than Gold$on.

Very true, tho when drafted players usually have that lil growing curve! Reid shows none, his intelligence is tops, his skills are definately there! He is a straight baller. Too say he is playing better then dashon is amazing esp since dashon made all pro last yr.
Gotta love it
I was down with drafting reid, loved the pick up. We improved at fs from last yr!!

They moved up to No. 18 overall to grab safety Eric Reid. He's a kid they really like, and I'd pencil him in as the starter, I just thought he wasn't as good as maybe five other safeties that went after him.

LOL at Kiper.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9200335/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-gives-grades-every-nfl-team-draft?refresh=true
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 22, 2013 at 5:58 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
should be pretty good

I was right.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

They moved up to No. 18 overall to grab safety Eric Reid. He's a kid they really like, and I'd pencil him in as the starter, I just thought he wasn't as good as maybe five other safeties that went after him.

LOL at Kiper.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9200335/2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-gives-grades-every-nfl-team-draft?refresh=true

Mayock is better imo... Reid was my favorite safety in this year draft and he surely has impressed
I thought the salary cap space allotment for the D was going to go mainly into the front 7. Reid will be the exception. Still 3 years away from it becoming an issue, but if he continues to get better, he is a must keep.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
And just think the 9ers were about to sign Louis Delmas.