There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's absolutely tremendous. I could not imagine this through 7 games. His future is super bright.

Agree
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
now does everyone who is questioning him see the difference?

with him in there they do not throw it deep to his side ever.

as soon as spillman got into the game what did they do?
throw it to his side repeatedly and he repeatedly got beat... they got down the field because of spillman.

so please stop questioning eric.

thanks

Ummm what, who is questioning him? Are you having some debate in your head or something ?

Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
How much of Reid's success thus far do we credit to our defensive schemes and players out there with him on the field?

I love the guy, I'm just wondering.

Looked like he had a high ankle sprain toward the end there. Nice to see him get back out there. Hopefully he can play through it. Worst comes to worst he misses the jax game and gets needed rest on the bye.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Pat seemed a little frustrated with him after he seemed to pull back from attacking the ball on the Delanie TD.

Of course he's frustrated, he's competing but he knows Reid was out there on a semi-bum leg, doubt Reid could've elevated for the tip if he was healthy anyway.
Originally posted by sfout:
Pat seemed a little frustrated with him after he seemed to pull back from attacking the ball on the Delanie TD.

Of course he's frustrated, he's competing but he knows Reid was out there on a semi-bum leg, doubt Reid could've elevated for the tip if he was healthy anyway.

what happened on that play? did spillman not drop far enough to cover that zone? thought it was weird that him and willis were in the same area
  • ace52
  • Veteran
The gap between our starting safeties (especially Reid) and the back-ups is a legitimate cause for concern. When the back-ups are in there, our secondary is REALLY vulnerable. Spillman is a great ST player, but not so good as a safety. He and Dahl need to be coached up fast.

he shouldn't have been that wasn't even his side. that was spillman's side and he came over and still almost made the play...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kujon11:

what happened on that play? did spillman not drop far enough to cover that zone? thought it was weird that him and willis were in the same area

Originally posted by jonesadrian:

he shouldn't have been that wasn't even his side. that was spillman's side and he came over and still almost made the play...

Jones is right, Spillman screwed up on the coverage.

I was just saying that Willis frustrated in general, not at Reid, should've explained myself more.
Jones is right, Spillman screwed up on the coverage.

I was just saying that Willis frustrated in general, not at Reid, should've explained myself more.

but that's because of the soft play calling that allowed them to get so many more yards than they should have had.

the game lasted way longer than it should have. offense needed to give us 1 more clock chewing drive score the td and that would have been the end of the game.

reid is a beast. the immediate impact was shown. soon as he went out they went right to spillman filling in deep for completions
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Reid's obviously a stud, offenses are not going near him which means they must be watching the film and recognising something.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Reid's obviously a stud, offenses are not going near him which means they must be watching the film and recognising something.

was thinking the same thing during the game yesterday. As soon as Whitner went out, they targeted Spillman.

I cannot believe awesome Reid is turning out to be, Never expected it.
Cool thing is his play is being recognised as being superior. Ronnie Lott, From, Eric Allen have all commented on how he looks like a vet and how he's a baller. Happy to have him, definite upgrade to the position. Gold$on got picked on yesterday, Reid didn't,lol. I wonder if Da$hon would still rather have his extra cash or be on a team that has won a game?
He's a Pro Bowler THIS year if he doesn't get hurt, right?
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

great. u just jinxed it. thanks a lot. he'll probably go down against the jags and be out for the season.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

great. u just jinxed it. thanks a lot. he'll probably go down against the jags and be out for the season.

I say if that happens we track LA9erfan down and bust kneecaps.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home