There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
IMO a little early but luv tha pick he's my favorite S .. starting tha draft with a solid B+ player

A B+ player in the 1st round of that same years draft, from my perspective, is not bad. The one thing I notice with Reid is that he has better coverage skills compared to Gholdston, which is what this defense needed. If Reid can give us better coverage in the middle, the tackling aspect of his game will get better. Gholdston able to run the 40 in 4.7 and Reid 4.4, that to me is a corner back's speed. What if we switched Brown and Reid on different situations? This could give us a different element to give us a different look on defense, but that's just random thinking, lol.
Originally posted by niteshade80:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
IMO a little early but luv tha pick he's my favorite S .. starting tha draft with a solid B+ player

A B+ player in the 1st round of that same years draft, from my perspective, is not bad. The one thing I notice with Reid is that he has better coverage skills compared to Gholdston, which is what this defense needed. If Reid can give us better coverage in the middle, the tackling aspect of his game will get better. Gholdston able to run the 40 in 4.7 and Reid 4.4, that to me is a corner back's speed. What if we switched Brown and Reid on different situations? This could give us a different element to give us a different look on defense, but that's just random thinking, lol.

Uummm gholdston ????? N leave Reid where hes at no need to over load him year 1 with to much crap to do....
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I see a lot of hate behind those eyes

Not hate...intensity.
[ Edited by Memphis9er on Oct 19, 2013 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I see a lot of hate behind those eyes

Not hate...intensity.

I was thinking the exact same thing, good call. !
There cannot be any complaints about this pick, regardless of moving up. My only worry is the early concussion he sustained in the Seattle game. Might make him susceptible to them, in a position that you need to thump people for a living.
Reids an absolute badass and he is ours for many yrs to come
Goniners
Originally posted by frankie:
Reids an absolute badass and he is ours for many yrs to come
Goniners

Yeah. I didn't like the pick am stoked to be wrong. He is the real deal. Crazy how we upgraded a position of need for cheaper.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
There cannot be any complaints about this pick, regardless of moving up. My only worry is the early concussion he sustained in the Seattle game. Might make him susceptible to them, in a position that you need to thump people for a living.

Concussion is also a concern for me. Either than that, I got two words

Man crush
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Concussion is also a concern for me. Either than that, I got two words

Man crush

As far as I can remember, he had no history of concussions in college and that was an absolutely freak accident with how his neck was turned to the side so I'm not too worried about it.
now does everyone who is questioning him see the difference?

with him in there they do not throw it deep to his side ever.

as soon as spillman got into the game what did they do?
throw it to his side repeatedly and he repeatedly got beat... they got down the field because of spillman.

so please stop questioning eric.

thanks
STUD
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
now does everyone who is questioning him see the difference?

with him in there they do not throw it deep to his side ever.

as soon as spillman got into the game what did they do?
throw it to his side repeatedly and he repeatedly got beat... they got down the field because of spillman.

so please stop questioning eric.

thanks

Ummm what, who is questioning him? Are you having some debate in your head or something ?
He's absolutely tremendous. I could not imagine this through 7 games. His future is super bright.
lol Goldson lol
Pat seemed a little frustrated with him after he seemed to pull back from attacking the ball on the Delanie TD.