There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Hopper:
Ronnie Lott approves

"Watching Eric Reid play right now and watching how he's going about his game and doing all the little things is what has been so impressive. I sit there and say, "Man, now that's a baller."

Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he's the safety

the fact that no qb's we've faced after week 1 have challenged him deep on his side of the field while he's in coverage speaks volumes.

doesn't really matter how good everyone in front of him is or isn't if everyone was great in front and he was the weak link on the back end.. where do you think they would be throwing the ball?

you see they still throw it to whitner's side when he's in coverage don't you?

This. If he was a weak spot in the defense, teams would be going after him like crazy, especially since he's a rookie but this guy has stepped onto a high quality NFL defense and has played and conducted himself like a 10 year veteran for the most part. Just an outstanding job by Reid who has been more than any of us could have expected thus far.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Ronnie Lott approves

"Watching Eric Reid play right now and watching how he's going about his game and doing all the little things is what has been so impressive. I sit there and say, "Man, now that's a baller."

Seeing comments like that from legends that play the same position makes me feel like we got lucky Reid was still available with the #18 pick.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Ronnie Lott approves

Seeing comments like that from legends that play the same position makes me feel like we got lucky Reid was still available with the #18 pick.

Agree. So glad he is a 49er!
Originally posted by tohara3:
Ronnie Lott approves

Agree. So glad he is a 49er!

I concur. Lucky us!

Now if we can somehow get Jerry to make a similar compliment to a WR we draft in the future

I had hoped for a different safety in the draft, but am not disappointed! LOL! Pretty special guy and played in a great program. Should have known that an LSU guy would trump a guy from Florida.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM ]
Dude makes it look easy. We already take him for granted.
Ronnie Lott approves

Eric Reid > Earl Thomas
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Yup....& Goldson who?
Ronnie Lott approves

Great move by the Baalkster
Originally posted by NickSh49:

The last sentence. Now this is telling!!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I see a lot of hate behind those eyes
Ronnie Lott's full comments on Reid:

LOTT: There is nothing better than watching somebody who plays your position and does it very, very well and does it like he's been there for four, five, six years. You forget that he's a rookie. This kid not only has played well but I love the way he does things on the football field. You don't see him out of position. You see him always around the ball. You see him making great tackles.
People always say, "I've played football all these years and I can't change the way I'm going to hit." And yet, (Reid) made a fantastic hit, stopped a guy from getting a first down, kept his head out the way, brought his shoulder, wrapped him up and kept him inches from getting the first down. Those plays really change the profile of the game. If they get a first down right there it takes up clock, it keeps the momentum going. We don't measure that kind of play. That got them off the field. That allowed the offense to get back on the field.
Watching Eric Reid play right now and watching how he's going about his game and doing all the little things is what has been so impressive. I sit there and say, "Man, now that's a baller."
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM ]
I sure hope Tank Carradine is as good of a pick as Eric Reid seems to have been so far.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home