There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Reid #7 in top 15 rookies in NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264666/article/kiko-alonso-of-buffalo-bills-tops-list-of-best-rookies

They can go eat a Costco sized bag of dicks. I'd put Reid ahead of every other rookie but Richardson and Alonso right now.

Eddie Lacy at 4? I like who is on the list just don't agree with the order. I wonder how much film he broke down before writing this list?

Yeah everyone is taking Cooper out on Baalke well Baalke should get the credit since he drafted him. It's the coaches who decided on the cuts. And it's not like we didn't want him back on the PS either. In all these articles I see no mention of that fact that KC took him from us more so than we just threw him away. We went heavy ST this year and it's paid off but cost us in other areas. Just have to hope Morris is a steal too. Also, with Cooper next year if we lose Rogers and Brown is where we would miss him more but this year we are pretty stacked and he might have been at the bottom of the depth chart all year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Reid #7 in top 15 rookies in NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264666/article/kiko-alonso-of-buffalo-bills-tops-list-of-best-rookies

You gotta be fist f**king me....you serious #7!!!

#1 Kiko Alonso

#2 Eric Reid

And who gives a f**k about the rest.

My prediction, Eric Reid will end the season with 6 picks and earn his way to the Pro Bowl.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

#1 Kiko Alonso

#2 Eric Reid

My prediction, Eric Reid will end the season with 6 picks and earn his way to the Pro Bowl.

I'd still put Richardson at #2, he's been a one man wrecking machine for the Jets, absolute beast, a run-stuffing monster. But Reid definitely is at 3, that they put Mathieu ahead of Reid is absolutely hilarious.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

#1 Kiko Alonso

#2 Eric Reid

I'd still put Richardson at #2, he's been a one man wrecking machine for the Jets, absolute beast, a run-stuffing monster. But Reid definitely is at 3, that they put Mathieu ahead of Reid is absolutely hilarious.

Gonna have to disagree with you there Phoenix, Richardson has been solid no doubt, but not game changing like Reid or Alonso.
Originally posted by Buchy:
Lol at all the Baalke praise, it was a Harbaugh choice guys, he wanted Reid at Stanford!

He missed him at the college level...would have missed him at the NFL level without Baalke manipulation of draft choices over the past two years..
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Cuts are largely the domain of the coaches, they say who they want pretty much, its not like the draft or free agency, the coaches are spending intense amounts of time with these players individually during the preseason, they are the ones whose support or lack of it largely determines what the roster ends up looking like.

This. It's also pretty apparent if anyone ever watched Hard Knocks...the coaches and GM sit in together to weigh and mull the decisions for the final 53 but it's the coaches whose voices are loudest when it comes down to who they need on the final 53. The decision here would have come down to discussions between Harbaugh, Fangio and Donatell with some likely input from Seely.
Kolohe nailed this one. eddie f**king lacy at 4? wtf?!! reid is definitely special. It takes a special guy to upgrade our D.
Yeah, I like Reid a lot. His eyes are great. His recognition/reaction looks like it could be a difference maker.
Marcus Cooper kills me.
How much of Reid's success thus far do we credit to our defensive schemes and players out there with him on the field?

I love the guy, I'm just wondering.
Goldson didn't have the same success playing largely with the same group so....
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
Goldson didn't have the same success playing largely with the same group so....

Plus Reid has no 'shake-your-head' penalties, which is significant!
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
How much of Reid's success thus far do we credit to our defensive schemes and players out there with him on the field?

It matters. Not to take anything away from Reid but this defense is stacked. I mean really stacked. If you can lose the amount of players we've lost and still play dominant football then it says a lot about how good this coaching staff is and the players around him. He's a perfect fit so far and is only scratching the surface of how good he can be. As he gets more experience he will start to distinguish himself as more of a difference maker and less a product of the the system.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:

he's the safety

the fact that no qb's we've faced after week 1 have challenged him deep on his side of the field while he's in coverage speaks volumes.

doesn't really matter how good everyone in front of him is or isn't if everyone was great in front and he was the weak link on the back end.. where do you think they would be throwing the ball?

you see they still throw it to whitner's side when he's in coverage don't you?
Ronnie Lott approves

"Watching Eric Reid play right now and watching how he's going about his game and doing all the little things is what has been so impressive. I sit there and say, "Man, now that's a baller."