There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by susweel:
I think he is better at drafting defensive players.

I agree...move Kaepernick to SS!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

i thought we were done with this
Originally posted by susweel:
I think he is better at drafting defensive players.

do it
Originally posted by xtm059:

i thought we were done with this

He can play both ways!
Originally posted by Buchy:
Lol at all the Baalke praise, it was a Harbaugh choice guys, he wanted Reid at Stanford!

true
Reid #7 in top 15 rookies in NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264666/article/kiko-alonso-of-buffalo-bills-tops-list-of-best-rookies
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Reid #7 in top 15 rookies in NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000264666/article/kiko-alonso-of-buffalo-bills-tops-list-of-best-rookies

They can go eat a Costco sized bag of dicks. I'd put Reid ahead of every other rookie but Richardson and Alonso right now.
12. Marcus Cooper, Kansas City Chiefs cornerback: If Mathieu was the steal of the draft, then Cooper is the steal of the waiver wire. Claimed from the 49ers after final cuts, the seventh-rounder has been sticky in coverage while turning in momentum-changing interceptions in back-to-back games.

Baalke
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
12. Marcus Cooper, Kansas City Chiefs cornerback: If Mathieu was the steal of the draft, then Cooper is the steal of the waiver wire. Claimed from the 49ers after final cuts, the seventh-rounder has been sticky in coverage while turning in momentum-changing interceptions in back-to-back games.

Baalke

yeah....too bad...
but we were already stacked at CB, so even if we kept Cooper he wasn't going to get any playing time.
ahead of him are rogers, t brown, brock, nmandi, Cox, (D Morris / Cooper). I dont think D Morris has gotten any playing time yet.
Chiefs were desperate for a CB and Cooper got thrown into the fire.

Baalke

Why does Baalke get the blame for that? He was a part of drafting Cooper, its likely however that the opinion of various coaches had more to do with Cooper being cut than anything else, if the coaches felt that Cooper was expendable, then that is what Baallke went along with.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
yeah....too bad...
but we were already stacked at CB, so even if we kept Cooper he wasn't going to get any playing time.
ahead of him are rogers, t brown, brock, nmandi, Cox, (D Morris / Cooper). I dont think D Morris has gotten any playing time yet.

Hindsight is 20/20, knowing what we know now, Asomugha would have been the one getting cut.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Why does Baalke get the blame for that? He was a part of drafting Cooper, its likely however that the opinion of various coaches had more to do with Cooper being cut than anything else, if the coaches felt that Cooper was expendable, then that is what Baallke went along with.

Because the coaches coach and the GM handles personnel decisions? I'm sure like any good leader he weighs the opinion of others, but he has the final say.
Because the coaches coach and the GM handles personnel decisions? I'm sure like any good leader he weighs the opinion of others, but he has the final say.

Cuts are largely the domain of the coaches, they say who they want pretty much, its not like the draft or free agency, the coaches are spending intense amounts of time with these players individually during the preseason, they are the ones whose support or lack of it largely determines what the roster ends up looking like.
Ed Donatell
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

Baalke

yeah....too bad...
Even if we kept Cooper, I doubt we would've gave him any playing time with brock playing surprisingly well and wright coming into the mix Plus don't we have the number 2 passing defense in the league? It will be fine guys. We have our own stud rookie in the secondary