There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

ER is a killer and has great ball skills. dashon who?
Originally posted by outside4949:

Goldson
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Originally posted by outside4949:

Gold$on

fixed
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
fixed

others are starting to notice

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS18h
Eric Reid is really getting good on the back end of that 49ers defense. Upgrade from Goldson. There, I said it.
Originally posted by crabman82:
others are starting to notice

Pete Prisco ‏@PriscoCBS18h
Eric Reid is really getting good on the back end of that 49ers defense. Upgrade from Goldson. There, I said it.

Been saying he was an upgrade for weeks, in Da$hons defense Reid was a 1st rounder and Gold$on was a fifth if I remember correctly
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by PrisonOfGlass:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Did you guys notice on the PWilly fumble, Eric Reid flew in to Fitz, who had to avoid reid which allowed PWilly to smash an unsuspecting Fitz and force the ball out.

Second time Reid has been involved in a FF and he even recovered it with some nice balls skills.

What was amazing about that recovery, is that I believe the ball bounced off HIS leg. So he had to run past a couple people to get to it.

No big deal, though. All of our defensive players have to deal with balls bouncing off their legs day-in and day-out.

Oh dem (big fat monkey nuts) --- Pimp C --- RIP. So you have been watching Frank Gore as he trots into the end zone as well as my wife huh!

I almost cited NFCCG as it was an awkward time for all involved.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Been saying he was an upgrade for weeks, in Da$hons defense Reid was a 1st rounder and Gold$on was a fifth if I remember correctly

developed him into a big time safety though

and reid in 1 training camp developed into what i feel is a big time safety. if he keeps this play up which i think he will and get even better. there is no reason he shouldn't be in the pro bowl
Also, if Goldson had this coaching staff for his entire 49ers career. He'd have developed a lot sooner than he did as well. Glad we have Reid and I'm glad Goldson got his. Both were and are great 49er players.
[ Edited by NinerG94 on Oct 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Also, if Goldson had this coaching staff for his entire 49ers career. He'd have developed a lot sooner than he did as well. Glad we have Reid and I'm glad Goldson got his. Both were and are great 49er players.

Gold$on turned out pretty good for where we drafted him. He had everything but coverage skills and he no theenk too good sometimez. I can't even begin to count how many times I cursed his existance for getting a dumbass penalty at a crucial point in the game. He was good but not great, too many holes in his game.
You always want to see the home-town boy who dreamed of playing for his home team make good. This guy could be a real story if he catches fire.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
You always want to see the home-town boy who dreamed of playing for his home team make good. This guy could be a real story if he catches fire.

Reid isn't playing for the Saints bro.
  • thl408
Some All 22 action of the Reid INT in the ARI game.

ARI: 1RB 1 TE 3 WR set.
SF: 5 DBs

The TE gets a clean release and is into his route at the start of the snap. It seems like no defender is assigned to cover the TE. He is the correct read for Palmer to throw to. Reid is highlighted in red.

Below: To me, the TE doesn't run a precise route to help his QB. Should the TE cut across Reid's face (blue arrow) and use body positioning to shield Reid? Or should the TE run a seam route to attack downfield (blue arrow)? He will do neither (red arrow), slow down, and actually slowly drift towards Reid(!)

Below: Palmer pulls the trigger. Reid's eyes are focused on Palmer. This pass has no chance provided Reid has the speed and agility to get there on time.

Below: Reid driving towards the ball (mid flight). We know what happens next.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Reid isn't playing for the Saints bro.

That Saints game is going to be a great test for Reid. Can't wait to see it.
gotta give the young man his props I thought we would really miss Goldson but Reid has proven to be just as good.

You finally got one right Baalke.