There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
whitner may be a cap casualty. Depends on where they see Reid playing...SS or FS..

Lol what?!?!? Reid ain't a SS....dude is great at coverge....trust me I. Live in Alabama and have seen this dude many a times...
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
What picks did we give up to move up that far anyone know? ????

our first and 74.

D*MN was hoping it was #93
Watching highlights with a smile on my face
Originally posted by DRUSTOPO:
4.5 forty and a 40+ in vert??? What's not to like? This kid stepped up in every big game, check the bowl games and Bama matchups. Double digit tackles in most with PDs. Not sure why people don't like this pick.

hes like a taylor mays who can actually play football lol. im hella down with Reid as our starting FS, guy looks like a beast
Originally posted by rodgerscomehome:
For me, the grade goes up because we didn't draft Margus Hunt...Reid produced for 3 years, was a team captain on a top team in the country, and produced at a high level in the toughest conference in the country. Combine that with his blue-chip athletic ability and I find it harder and harder not to like the pick.

Well said...
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
whitner may be a cap casualty. Depends on where they see Reid playing...SS or FS..

Lol what?!?!? Reid ain't a SS....dude is great at coverge....trust me I. Live in Alabama and have seen this dude many a times...

I disagree personally.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Too much whining on forums. How many whined when Kaep was picked? How about when Kaep couldn't even get a hand off done correctly? Trust the coaches & management. We have one of the best crews. Not all the players are gonna pan out according to the mock ratings. Some of these "great" players are gonna be not so great.
when this regime trades up to get their man,, it usually works out very nicely.. davis,, ck and now this kid.

What's funny is that Davis and CK were billed as "athletes" who lacked consistency. Exactly like Reid.

Unfortunately this guy looks like a Taylor Mays clone.
I'll give it a B. Fills our biggest need with a talented player with a lot of upside. He has the physical tools to be great in coverage. Is a physical hitter but needs to be more disciplined and tackle better in run support.
  • jdean
  • Veteran
Originally posted by allhype:
He had a down senior year because he wasn't protected by Mo. Claiborne and the Honey Badger. Sorry, don't like the pick I don't think he can cover. Hope I'm wrong...Go Niners!
Bill polian seems to think he is a cover safety first and foremost. It's a video on espn nfc west coverage. http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest
[ Edited by jdean on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:13 PM ]
Welcome aboard

Better not suck
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Unfortunately this guy looks like a Taylor Mays clone.

Only in that he's a great athlete and plays physical. Mays had zero instincts. Reid actually shows good instincts in coverage. He just needs to be more consistent in run support.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

I disagree personally.

Live in Idaho? Probably don't get a lot of SEC football there....trust me we got a helluva player. And no way he is a SS.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Only in that he's a great athlete and plays physical. Mays had zero instincts. Reid actually shows good instincts in coverage. He just needs to be more consistent in run support.

I am just glad this is a pick i somewhat expected lol i didnt expect them to trade up to 18 but nice pick nonetheless.
[ Edited by Kaz9er on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

What's so confusing?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home