There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Is this looking good...

1 (18) - Eric Reid, S, LSU;
2 (40) - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State; Will he be the beast we need as Justin ages?

2 (55) - Vance McDonald, TE, Rice; a proto-typical TE? On the niners?

3 (88) Corey Lemonier, DE/LB, Auburn; with Aldon on the other side...pass rush par excellence for years?

4 (128) - Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech; JH...quit breaking the WRs!
4 (131) - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina; Gore's replacement down the road?
5 (157) - Quinton Dial, DE, Alabama; we may need you now!

6 (180) - Nick Moody, OLB, Florida State; a sixth rounder sticking on this team?

7 (237) - B.J. Daniels, QB, South Florida; some thought you should start...but Susweel is...

7 (246) - Carter Bykowski, OT, Iowa State;

7 (252) - Marcus Cooper, CB, Rutgers---miss him!

This is a crazy good draft! Go Baalke!

lets see what Tank, Dial, Patton and Lattimore can do before we start blanking each others blanks.

Also seems that Baalke has some making up to do after the complete FAIL of the 2012 draft.
Originally posted by Joecool:
He doesn't look fast because he is tall and has a longer stride. Taylor Mays was like this also but the big difference is that Mays was dumb so he processed slow. Reid, is two steps ahead in the awareness category.

more like 20 steps ahead compared to mays maybe even 30
18. Eric Reid, S, San Francisco 49ers
Grade: +4.9
Snaps: 378
Analysis: Have the 49ers missed Dashon Goldson? The play of Eric Reid has meant the answer to that is not what many would have thought before the year. Three picks and a couple of pass break-ups have helped push him to eighth overall in our safety rankings.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/15/first-rounders-in-focus-week-6/
Originally posted by susweel:
lets see what Tank, Dial, Patton and Lattimore can do before we start blanking each others blanks.

Also seems that Baalke has some making up to do after the complete FAIL of the 2012 draft.

Sus gonna Sus...

You failed to notice the little smiley things that indicated an impatient waiting period for those players? OK...but I'm still not blanking your blank, no matter how much you plead!

And 2012 was disappointing, but they had fewer picks with one pick in the top 60, last year they had three.
Originally posted by Hopper:
18. Eric Reid, S, San Francisco 49ers
Grade: +4.9
Snaps: 378
Analysis: Have the 49ers missed Dashon Goldson? The play of Eric Reid has meant the answer to that is not what many would have thought before the year. Three picks and a couple of pass break-ups have helped push him to eighth overall in our safety rankings.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/15/first-rounders-in-focus-week-6/

64. Dashon Goldson S, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Grade: -2.9
Snaps:355

I'm going to go ahead and say hell no.

Damnit Sus, do I need to bump the 2011 draft threads again?
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
You failed to notice the little smiley things that indicated an impatient waiting period for those players? OK...but I'm still not blanking your blank, no matter how much you plead!

And 2012 was disappointing, but they had fewer picks with one pick in the top 60, last year they had three.

even if I ask nicely ?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Damnit Sus, do I need to bump the 2011 draft threads again?

hey stop bringing up old s**t.
Also, some of the other players people wanted to see drafted at safety. Once again, Baalke FTW.

15. Kenny Vaccaro, S, New Orleans Saints
Grade: -6.7 Snaps: 373
Analysis: A versatile talent he has made some plays, but unfortunately not all of them have been good. The team is asking a lot of him but the end result has seen him beaten in coverage for 167 yards and a touchdown on 19 targets.

32. Matt Elam, S, Baltimore Ravens
Grade: -4.4 Snaps: 359

Analysis: May be a better fit closer to the line of scrimmage down the line, but still hasn't made the kind of impact the team would have been hoping for in replacing Ed Reed. Graded negatively in all bar one game.
Also, some of the other players people wanted to see drafted at safety. Once again, Baalke FTW.

15. Kenny Vaccaro, S, New Orleans Saints
Grade: -6.7 Snaps: 373
Analysis: A versatile talent he has made some plays, but unfortunately not all of them have been good. The team is asking a lot of him but the end result has seen him beaten in coverage for 167 yards and a touchdown on 19 targets.

32. Matt Elam, S, Baltimore Ravens
Grade: -4.4 Snaps: 359

Analysis: May be a better fit closer to the line of scrimmage down the line, but still hasn't made the kind of impact the team would have been hoping for in replacing Ed Reed. Graded negatively in all bar one game.
I never wanted Elam. He's not a FS and I don't think he can cover these big tight ends.
The second best safety from this draft thus far has been JJ Wilcox of the Cowboys who incidentally was selected with the 3rd round pick the 49ers traded to Dallas to move up for Reid. Wilcox has been solid all across the board, not spectacular but has had some good performances, he's someone I was hoping the 49ers would wind up with in the late 2nd or 3rd rounds before the draft.

Other than that, most of them are struggling, especially the more hyped guys. Jonathan Cyprien who had a ton of pre-draft hype, another guy I was also fond of, has done HORRIFICALLY. I don't know how much of that is him and how much of that is Jacksonville's overall suckage factor kicking in but he's been bad all around.
I never wanted Elam. He's not a FS and I don't think he can cover these big tight ends.

I felt the same way, he was another undersized safety who needs to be playing closer to the line of scrimmage, it was like cloning Whitner. The thing with Reid is that he perfectly complements what Whitner does and they both feed off of each other. Shudder to think where this defense would be having both Whitner and Elam back there.

I felt the same way, he was another undersized safety who needs to be playing closer to the line of scrimmage, it was like cloning Whitner. The thing with Reid is that he perfectly complements what Whitner does and they both feed off of each other. Shudder to think where this defense would be having both Whitner and Elam back there.

Elam = Hitner
49ers are the only NFL team with 2 safeties ranked in PFF's Top 10 right now.

+1 It's scary just thinking about it.