There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he doesn't look slow, im just sayin' he doesn't look like he's exceptionally fast.

i understand but trust he is, he doesn't have quick feet but he has an amazing stride and clearly covers a lot of ground "game speed"
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he doesn't look slow, im just sayin' he doesn't look like he's exceptionally fast.

i understand but trust he is, he doesn't have quick feet but he has an amazing stride and clearly covers a lot of ground "game speed"
Dad was a track athlete
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Dad was a track athlete

All-American hurdler, LSU.

Dad was a track athlete

His dad, cool

Maybe, i just think he has great instincts and is really smart
Maybe, i just think he has great instincts and is really smart

yea, he has that too that is what's making him play well. he is gifted athletically has great instincts and is highly intelligent
Originally posted by GNS1310:
Looks like a Goldson clone.
More blown coverage for years to come.
Hope I'm wrong.

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Unfortunately this guy looks like a Taylor Mays clone.

Dad was a track athlete

His dad, cool

And his mom played DE and TE in the women's full contact football league.
I hope he spends his whole long career here.
Is this looking good...

1 (18) - Eric Reid, S, LSU;
2 (40) - Tank Carradine, DE, Florida State; Will he be the beast we need as Justin ages?

2 (55) - Vance McDonald, TE, Rice; a proto-typical TE? On the niners?

3 (88) Corey Lemonier, DE/LB, Auburn; with Aldon on the other side...pass rush par excellence for years?

4 (128) - Quinton Patton, WR, Louisiana Tech; JH...quit breaking the WRs!
4 (131) - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina; Gore's replacement down the road?
5 (157) - Quinton Dial, DE, Alabama; we may need you now!

6 (180) - Nick Moody, OLB, Florida State; a sixth rounder sticking on this team?

7 (237) - B.J. Daniels, QB, South Florida; some thought you should start...but Susweel is...

7 (246) - Carter Bykowski, OT, Iowa State;

7 (252) - Marcus Cooper, CB, Rutgers---miss him!

This is a crazy good draft! Go Baalke!
He's playing lights out at the moment, and I think he should be credited with 4 interceptions. The intercepted A-Rod on that free playin the Green Bay game, if that had been caught it would have stood and we'd have been in trouble.

He doesn't look fast because he is tall and has a longer stride. Taylor Mays was like this also but the big difference is that Mays was dumb so he processed slow. Reid, is two steps ahead in the awareness category.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Joecool:

He doesn't look fast because he is tall and has a longer stride. Taylor Mays was like this also but the big difference is that Mays was dumb so he processed slow. Reid, is two steps ahead in the awareness category.

Taylor Mays only reacted, he never anticipated, which is why he is a not a starting caliber player.

In his 5th game Mays was no where near the same level of awareness that Reid is at. I don't remember, even in preseason, ever seeing Mays call out formations or point out an alignment like Reid did to Brock on the pick six.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
putting taylor mays in the same conversation as reid is ludicrous
Taylor Mays is a dumbass frat jock pumped up on HGH like his USC team mates, like Cushing and Matthews. Except they can play football.