Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I MISS GOLDSON

What do you miss about him that you're not getting with Reid already with just 6 games under his belt?

15 yard penalties

Don't forget the woo hits on our own players.

You can have Goldson. The rest of us don't want a staph infection.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I MISS GOLDSON

What do you miss about him that you're not getting with Reid already with just 6 games under his belt?

15 yard penalties

Don't forget the woo hits on our own players.

hmm...Goldson goes to TB and all of the sudden they have a staph problem...coincidence?
There is so much good to say about this kid, but what impresses me the most is that he always seems to be around the ball like the great ones are. It doesn't matter if its a pass, tipped pass, fumble or a regular tackle, he's always around the ball. He almost had multiple picks yesterday just being at the right place at the right time. That's no accident.
[ Edited by IMnotsoHO on Oct 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM ]
just look how fast he is

also

Reid also came away with his third career interception, already matching Goldson's total from the 2012 season. It was his second near pick-six this year.
Originally posted by IMnotsoHO:
There is so much good to say about this kid, but what impresses me the most is that he always seems to be around the ball like the great ones are. It doesn't matter if its a pass, tipped pass, fumble or a regular tackle, he's always around the ball. He almost had multiple picks yesterday just being at the right place at the right time. That's no accident.

Eric Reid strongly reminds me of Ed Reed and his ball hawking abilities in his early career. Scary !
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

At least Gold$on and Revi$ can afford the best possible medical care to take care of that staph infection. That's one opponent they have a chance to beat this year.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Oct 14, 2013 at 4:29 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
At least Gold$on and Revi$ can afford the best possible medical care to take care of that staph infection. That's one opponent they have a chance to beat this year.

LULZ !!
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
also

Reid also came away with his third career interception, already matching Goldson's total from the 2012 season. It was his second near pick-six this year.

What I find more impressive about Reid's interception totals is that he has 3 with QB's rarely throwing his way. Goldson was tested a lot and should have had more INT's. Reid is shutting that read down for the QB and is still taking full advantage with INTs once the QB does make the throw his way.

Couple that with excessive fines, though.
Originally posted by Joecool:
What I find more impressive about Reid's interception totals is that he has 3 with QB's rarely throwing his way. Goldson was tested a lot and should have had more INT's. Reid is shutting that read down for the QB and is still taking full advantage with INTs once the QB does make the throw his way.

It's funny because I had almost forgotten how important a dominant safety can be to a defense until Reid came along.

He has three picks (should be four) and our pass defensive is up there near the top of the league, if not already at the top.
just look how fast he is

Originally posted by Joecool:

that's the beauty. he's progressing from just being in the right position at all times which is so valuable, i noticed that from day 1.. being in the right position and the qb's are not testing him because they see he is going to get the ball not let the play go..

but he's progressed from just being in the right place.. to making the reads being confident in his decision showing that acceleration and making the play.

that interception sunday was a thing of beauty. he knew where palmer was throwing it before palmer did and made him pay
It's funny because I had almost forgotten how important a dominant safety can be to a defense until Reid came along.

He has three picks (should be four) and our pass defensive is up there near the top of the league, if not already at the top.

exactly
also

hasn't he also had two dropped INT's? I know they shouldn't matter, but still shows he was in a position to make an easy pick.