There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by Disp:
Probably not. Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei and Kiko Alonso are dominating. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/08/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-5/. A safety would have to absolutely beast to get DROY over a linebacker or lineman.

Ahh... Sheldon Richardson, my favorite playor of the draft.
Weird that Reid isn't on the list. He's playing at a high level.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Weird that Reid isn't on the list. He's playing at a high level.

I think if he holds onto that pic last week, he makes the list. Right now, he's done nothing spectacular.
Here's how PFF compared Vacarro and Reid. Reid is allowing about a 70 or 80 rating and Vacarro looked to be a little over 100. And yeah, the main thing with Reid is he just hasn't had a lot of passes come his way. Think he's got under 10 passes against him total this year and not a single one vs. the Rams.

[ Edited by Disp on Oct 9, 2013 at 6:27 PM ]
Its pretty hard for a safety to win DROY, Reid is gonna have to haul in ever interception that comes his way for the rest of the season. Richardson and Kiko will have allot of stats to point at where as if Reid does his job well, QBs avoid him. Our LB's dont exactly miss too many tackles that he will have to clean up and it seems like whitner plays closer to the line anyways.

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Awesome.

I know it's early but from what I've seen so far from Reid, I have a feeling he's going to be very good for us for years to come kinda like #52 and #53...Hope I'm right
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Oct 11, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
This dude is a ProBowler caliber player his rookie freaking year!!!!

Rewatched the game and saw a few times where Schaub looked deep and changed his mind. Seen other QB's we faced do that also.

Leadership: there was one play where the receiver caught a ball and he made the tackle or was in the vicinity. First thing he did after the play was talk to T. Brown about the coverage and it looked as if T. Brown was the one who made the mistake. That really shows rookie knows his stuff. Very smart.

Definitely a keeper.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Rewatched the game and saw a few times where Schaub looked deep and changed his mind. Seen other QB's we faced do that also.
One thing I remember from the Seattle game: Wilson goes deep, picked off by Reid. Basically no shots downfield other than that.

Reid leaves. Dahl comes in. One of the first plays of the third quarter, Wilson tests our secondary deep to Dahl's side of the field; Dahl had bit on an underneath route, and Seattle completes the pass for a huge gain.
Kids a beast and will def. help us down the later stretch of the season that Goldson couldnt last year....HIGH hopes for this guy.....
I think this kid is already better than Goldson.
Originally posted by Joecool:
This dude is a ProBowler caliber player his rookie freaking year!!!!

Leadership: there was one play where the receiver caught a ball and he made the tackle or was in the vicinity. First thing he did after the play was talk to T. Brown about the coverage and it looked as if T. Brown was the one who made the mistake. That really shows rookie knows his stuff. Very smart.

Definitely a keeper.

Great post. Love watching him play.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

He's arguably been the best player on our defense, which is insane.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

as known as one of Goldson's biggest fanboys, I don't have a problem with this statement.

I don't know if he is better than Goldson at everything, but I do know for a rookie he is already better than most FSs starting right now. Kid is amazing, and he seems to have everything you can ask for from a Safety. Speed, power, size, smarts, build.

edit- and more... Hands, playmaking ability.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 13, 2013 at 6:29 PM ]
He's just a really good football player... I think it all comes naturally to him. He's even amazing at fumble recoveries; how he recovered Fitzgerald's fumble was a thing of beauty, especially given that he was tackling Fitz and then ran 20 yards to do a one handed scoop.