There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

how is Vaccaro doing?
zone derpin
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Oct 8, 2013 at 5:37 AM ]
this guy is so much better than goldson's overrated ass

can't recall how many times i'd see whitner yelling at goldson after a play cuz the moron wouldn't communicate and go off on his own.

during the nbc broadcast they said whitner likes playing w/ reid much more cuz he communicates

on top of that he's also way more talented (more range, same aggressiveness, better ball hawking)
Im pleasantly surprised. E. Reid is playing very well. Sometimes you can tell he is a rookie but its rare enough!
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
I honestly think hitner has been playing A LOT better than last year and I think a lot of it may have to do with Reid. They compliment each other well in many aspects.

Yes Hitner is playing much better with Eric Reid, and I believe during the game they mentioned that Hitner had said something about Reid being much better at communicating than Goldson was.

I just imagine Goldson staring through Whitner every time Whitner told him something or explained a coverage, and instead of listening he just pictured the airliners hitting the WTC and dollar signs and cocoa pebbles and how he failed geometry.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
how is Vaccaro doing?

Really good.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
just a quick question looking for opinion. yes it is early but if he continues along is there a possibility he could be considered for defensive rookie of the year? i do not follow other teams that much so maybe there is some guy out there setting the world on fire? but at this early point in time is this a possibility?
Probably not. Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei and Kiko Alonso are dominating. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/08/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-5/. A safety would have to absolutely beast to get DROY over a linebacker or lineman.
[ Edited by Disp on Oct 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
Probably not. Sheldon Richardson, Star Lotulelei and Kiko Alonso are dominating. https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/08/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-week-5/. A safety would have to absolutely beast to get DROY over a linebacker or lineman.

thank you disp. i depend on good posters like you for this type of information
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
^
21SandersMoss84's quote

So true eh brother?

it is...so much so, when I see folks overreacting it works on me for a bit and I instantly go watch footage on youtube to see what the overreaction is about....then calm down.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
it is...so much so, when I see folks overreacting it works on me for a bit and I instantly go watch footage on youtube to see what the overreaction is about....then calm down.

i am not as mentally tough as afrikan. i usually have slid halfway down the razor blade before i start to calm down,, by then its to late
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Disp:

thank you disp. i depend on good posters like you for this type of information

I agree. Safeties and defensive backs in general rarely get defensive players of the year honors For all of Ronnie Lott's greatness, I don't think he ever won the award. But Dana Stubblefield did in his 15 sack season. Defensive rookies have it just as hard. Whether Reid does or doesn't, we certainly have ourselves a winner in number 35.
Reid is only one tackle behind Hitner in 4th place on the team in tackles. This kid is really impressing me, as long has he doesnt throw any more tempur tantrums after dropping an int lmao.
Brock, Rodgers, Brown, Hitner, Reid.

Alright by me.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
stats wise they are about even

Vaccaro
Tackles: 27
Sacks: 1
Interceptions: 1
PDs: 3

Reid
Tackles: 24
Sacks: 0
Interceptions: 2
PDs: 4

Seems like we could've taken either 1 and been fine.