There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

I honestly think hitner has been playing A LOT better than last year and I think a lot of it may have to do with Reid. They compliment each other well in many aspects.
Originally posted by cciowa:
i may not know my ass from a whole in the ground but its my ass and its my hole

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Phillip Thomas was another one. Had lisfranc surgery (foot) and is out for the year before playing any games. Some wanted Matt Elam or DJ Swearinger but they were more SS's to me.

I liked Thomas and Earl Wolff, but both are injured.

I totally underestimated Reid--
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I remember Whitner also commenting on how much better Reid is in the lines of communication. There is no doubt Dashon lacked alot in communication skills I still remember the Falcons td and Goldson looking at everyone like "Oh was I supposed to cover him?"

LOL!
Originally posted by SFrush:
Glad we didn't land Ed Reed as well. His body is just breaking down.

You can say that again. As much as I respect Ed Reed as a player, his body of work, it was clear last night between himself and Eric who was on the decline and who is on the rise. We dodged taking a big cap hit signing an aging, worn vet by drafting Reid, who is turning out to be hands down the best safety coming out of the 2013 draft (with little impact on the cap ). Keep playing the way he is and getting even better ( ), Pro Bowls and All Pro are in his future and I'd like to see him in a Niner uniform for a very long time. Going to be great watching the guy continue to grow and improve. Outstanding pick by Harbaalke !!!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I remember a lot of people wanted us to take a different safety when we took Reid. Anybody know how those guys are doing so far?

I was in love With Cyprien but I heard he was struggling bad.

I heard he was playing well considering what a joke of a team he's on.
Now can we all stop second guessing our ability to evaluate talent that doesn't play the wide receiver position?

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Now can we all stop second guessing our ability to evaluate talent that doesn't play the wide receiver position?

NEVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

NEVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I remember a lot of people wanted us to take a different safety when we took Reid. Anybody know how those guys are doing so far?

Probably playing well compared to the rest of the team but I doubt he is making the impact that Reid has made
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
I honestly think hitner has been playing A LOT better than last year and I think a lot of it may have to do with Reid. They compliment each other well in many aspects.

Yes Hitner is playing much better with Eric Reid, and I believe during the game they mentioned that Hitner had said something about Reid being much better at communicating than Goldson was.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Probably playing well compared to the rest of the team but I doubt he is making the impact that Reid has made

Of course not, Reid is the man. After last season Reid was the guy I really wanted but his stock seemed to take a little dip. The guy I really wanted going into the draft was Amerson and convert him to FS. Was also high on Cyprien. Was never much of an Elam fan.
Originally posted by EezyNiner:
We traded up for him in a safety deep draft and left Floyd and Rhodes on the board. F

Originally posted by jayb49er:
Is this the guy people on here were comparing to Taylor Mays?

Originally posted by EezyNiner:
Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Time for Donatell to coach this kid up in coverage.

Yeah glad he hasn't gotten that mastered yet. But at least we traded up 13 spots to take him in the 1st round.

Originally posted by allhype:
Terrible Pick! He would have been there at 31 FOR SURE! Thought we were gonna get a coverage safety LIKE WE NEED!!! Remember getting Toasted on deep balls last year against Atlanta and Baltimore.

Originally posted by allhype:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Reid essentially is Goldson redux with more potential. I don't see how you can hate on the pick. He's a quality player, lots of experience playing for one of the top defenses in college football. He's a gamer, an aggressive safety, hard hitter and is better in coverage than he's given credit for.

Yeah, but Goldson was a third rounder. Swearinger / Phillip Thomas > Reid and we would not have needed to trade away any picks.

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
The fact that Zoners are whining about it is a great sign that this pick will pan out just fine!

^
21SandersMoss84's quote
Originally posted by Afrikan:
^
21SandersMoss84's quote

So true eh brother?