There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by nw9erfan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Draft Phillip Thomas and move Reid to FS and I will be more happy with it.

I think you mean draft Thomas and move Reid to SS... Yes?
If so, I completely agree with you. My take on this pick is that the Niners will play him at SS next year when Whitner's contract expires. Reid could be an absolute stud at SS...

Yes. already corrected the mistake when phoenix called me on it. Brainfart. I think whittner may become a cap casualty who knows.
Looks like a Goldson clone.
More blown coverage for years to come.
Hope I'm wrong.
What picks did we give up to move up that far anyone know? ????
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
What picks did we give up to move up that far anyone know? ????

our first and 74.
He had a down senior year because he wasn't protected by Mo. Claiborne and the Honey Badger. Sorry, don't like the pick I don't think he can cover. Hope I'm wrong...Go Niners!
The more I see of him, the more I like. Looks like a more disciplined hitter then Goldson and is a better wrap up tackler
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HIMYM:
Too much whining on forums. How many whined when Kaep was picked? How about when Kaep couldn't even get a hand off done correctly? Trust the coaches & management. We have one of the best crews. Not all the players are gonna pan out according to the mock ratings. Some of these "great" players are gonna be not so great.
when this regime trades up to get their man,, it usually works out very nicely.. davis,, ck and now this kid.
^this
[ Edited by ChipDouglas510 on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM ]
4.5 forty and a 40+ in vert??? What's not to like? This kid stepped up in every big game, check the bowl games and Bama matchups. Double digit tackles in most with PDs. Not sure why people don't like this pick.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 5280High:
It only cost us a 3rd to get the guy they wanted, considering what the falcons gave up just now, we stole someone's lunch money.

and thanks to the alex smith trade, we pick in a spot tomorrow, barring a trade, which is almost another first rounder. i am sure we will get to the d line friday. plus we do not need to sign any old used up safety. A very good day

Exactly, no Charles Woodson please, thanks.
Too much whining on forums. How many whined when Kaep was picked? How about when Kaep couldn't even get a hand off done correctly? Trust the coaches & management. We have one of the best crews. Not all the players are gonna pan out according to the mock ratings. Some of these "great" players are gonna be not so great.
This, great pick
I just hope that he was one of our BPA's and not an attempt to fill a hole.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Goldson was a 5th rounder from UW.

Actually, he was a 4th rounder... Just sayin'
some things to consider

reid had highest wonderlic score (29) of dbs group at combine...he made all secondary calls for def backfield at lsu--im sure this was of great attraction to the niners

on a down note at least 1 team took him off their board for medical reasons (arthritic shoulders)
[ Edited by hofer36 on Apr 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
when this regime trades up to get their man,, it usually works out very nicely.. davis,, ck and now this kid.

What's funny is that Davis and CK were billed as "athletes" who lacked consistency. Exactly like Reid.