There are 196 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Reid looks great! Real force out there last night. Couldn't be happier with how he's played for a youngster especially considering how complex the 49ers defense is. LOL at all you haters ripping on Goldson. Reid looks to be on pace to be a better player than Goldson. Congratulations. Doesn't mean Goldson is a bad player. I love how you're all using Reid's success to rip on Goldson. Just a bunch of haters desperately trying justify their opinions and stating them as though they're facts. Say what you want. Goldson is still an excellent player. I see no reason to continue to rip on the guy especially when half of those ripping on him don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.
goldson is a bum who only is out for himself and the big hit
goldson can not tackle someone one on one straight up
goldson can make a big play but then gets a penalty for it
goldson does not take direction from anyone
goldson is not worth what he is payed
our new man is the polar opposite of him in all ways.. i may not know my ass from a whole in the ground but its my ass and its my hole
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
My main problem with Da$hon is his stupid f**kin penalties that he would commit on third downs. He wasn't very bright either, got fooled frequently in coverage. He's no longer a niner because he was greedy...so f**k him. I hope he has fun getting paid to play on a s**t team. I always thought he'd be a better strong safety than a free safety.

he sure has been a difference maker down there
Originally posted by cciowa:
My main problem with Da$hon is his stupid f**kin penalties that he would commit on third downs. He wasn't very bright either, got fooled frequently in coverage. He's no longer a niner because he was greedy...so f**k him. I hope he has fun getting paid to play on a s**t team. I always thought he'd be a better strong safety than a free safety.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Even our favorite announcer Collinsworth said it best.....Whitner prefers playing with Reid because Reid talks to him on the field during the game, unlike Goldson who tries to knock an opponent's head off every single play.

He also mentioned how Whitner compliments Reid on how well he takes notes in meetings. It's so nice to have a safety with a high football IQ.
I remember a lot of people wanted us to take a different safety when we took Reid. Anybody know how those guys are doing so far?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I remember a lot of people wanted us to take a different safety when we took Reid. Anybody know how those guys are doing so far?

A lot of people liked Bacarri Rambo and Jonathan Cyprien.

I haven't watched much of Cyprien because Jaguars are awful, but PFF had him ranked as the worst safety in football through the first four games. I have watched some of Rambo and he's looked absolutely terrible. He takes terrible angles and makes way too many mental errors.
[ Edited by SFrush on Oct 7, 2013 at 11:05 AM ]

The kid the saints drafted looks okay, but we got the good one it looks like.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Can't hate on Dashon getting paid, but I hope he's having fun over in Tampa.
Originally posted by SFrush:
A lot of people liked Bacarri Rambo and Jonathan Cyprien.

I haven't watched much of Cyprien because Jaguars are awful, but PFF had him ranked as the worst safety in football through the first four games. I have watched some of Rambo and he's looked absolutely terrible. He takes terrible angles and makes way too many mental errors.

Phillip Thomas was another one. Had lisfranc surgery (foot) and is out for the year before playing any games. Some wanted Matt Elam or DJ Swearinger but they were more SS's to me.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM ]
I remember Whitner also commenting on how much better Reid is in the lines of communication. There is no doubt Dashon lacked alot in communication skills I still remember the Falcons td and Goldson looking at everyone like "Oh was I supposed to cover him?"
This guy is a star in the making at a vital position. Notice teams don't even try and throw deep middle against us?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Phillip Thomas was another one. Had lisfranc surgery (foot) and is out for the year before playing any games. Some wanted Matt Elam or DJ Swearinger but they were more SS's to me.

agreed.

BTW I found out Rambo was benched. That's how bad he played.
[ Edited by SFrush on Oct 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM ]

I was in love With Cyprien but I heard he was struggling bad.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
This guy is a star in the making at a vital position. Notice teams don't even try and throw deep middle against us?

Whitner is playing a lot better this year as well.