There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

We should follow up Reid with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix from Alabama.
STUD
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He is a solid hitter i agree, but he is not on goldson level as far as reckless abandon is concerned. He will be the better more rounded safety long term though.

He hits just as hard as Goldson, but he doesn't lead with the head and launch
Came across this article how Newton got a stupid $10,000 fine for wearing some unauthorized helmet visor, then I saw Reid's name. I'm wondering if he'll be really fined for this too.

"...Cam Newton has been fined $10,000 by the NFLfor wearing unauthorized Under Armour visor clips on his helmet.........Readers on Twitter alerted Smith of other players who use the same Under Armour clips as Newton. Those players are Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor, San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid and Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon. That trio should be hearing from the league office soon enough, too."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1790328-cam-newton-fined-10000-by-nfl-for-wearing-unauthorized-visor-clips
[ Edited by leon49 on Sep 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by leon49:
Came across this article how Newton got a stupid $10,000 fine for wearing some unauthorized helmet visor, then I saw Reid's name. I'm wondering if he'll be really fined for this too.

"...Cam Newton has been fined $10,000 by the NFLfor wearing unauthorized Under Armour visor clips on his helmet.........Readers on Twitter alerted Smith of other players who use the same Under Armour clips as Newton. Those players are Oakland Raiders quarterback Terrelle Pryor, San Francisco 49ers safety Eric Reid and Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon. That trio should be hearing from the league office soon enough, too."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1790328-cam-newton-fined-10000-by-nfl-for-wearing-unauthorized-visor-clips

all of that from a forbes article i believe. They had an article about how Cam had gotten aay with those clips since he had been in the league, but guys like Gore get fined because there socks arent right durring the course of a game.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
PRETTY SOON, roger BADell gonna require players to show referees what kind of underwear they got on -- can't be name brands... gotta be something like Jockey or Hanes, at best
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
We should follow up Reid with Ha Ha Clinton-Dix from Alabama.

WRs on opposing teams won't think it's funny
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
PRETTY SOON, roger BADell gonna require players to show referees what kind of underwear they got on -- can't be name brands... gotta be something like Jockey or Hanes, at best

lol in the English Championship Leage (league below the Premier League) a player got sent back to the locker room cause his underwear didn't match his team colors, came back on to the pitch after changing his compression shorts and stretched out his waistband to show the ref he had change them, got shown a red card and ejected for it.

Knowing Goodell it would play out exactly the same way if it happened in the NFL.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by LVJay:

lol in the English Championship Leage (league below the Premier League) a player got sent back to the locker room cause his underwear didn't match his team colors, came back on to the pitch after changing his compression shorts and stretched out his waistband to show the ref he had change them, got shown a red card and ejected for it.

Knowing Goodell it would play out exactly the same way if it happened in the NFL.

Damn, that really happened!!? That's some funny azz stuff!!!

Remember (coming soon)... a tap on the butt is a tackle and a tap on the cup (nuts) will be considered a sack... bank on it, BADell is selling out
This guy is so much better than I anticipated that I really don't care if he makes some rookie mistakes. Just am amazed at his ability to jet around the field...seems to take really good angles.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
He is a solid hitter i agree, but he is not on goldson level as far as reckless abandon is concerned. He will be the better more rounded safety long term though.

reckless abandon doesn't make you a good hitter though.
he is on goldson level and anyone as far as inflicting pain and sending a message.

he was smacking green bay wr's and you could see them hearing footsteps while he was in.

wilson tested him and he ran the route better than the wr did and picked it off and after that they didn't attempt any down field passes until he was out of the game.

and on the play he got hurt in the seattle game it was an open field solo tackle on marshawn lynch and marshawn lynch went right down.. hard... no beast mode.

colts game same thing.

rams game same thing.

he just needs to clean up tackling when he's running up.. he over pursues sometimes and doesn't get a chance to wrap up. but if his feet are set and you're coming at him you're going down.

and if you throw it deep... he's coming down with the ball, like even on the free play the packers had where aaron threw it to the end zone... reid was not only there. but he went up higher than the wr and made a clear catch.. it didn't count but it did send a message. the ball if its in the air is his... forget the hit. he's going for the pick or the deflection first. if you happen to complete it then he is going to wrap his arms around you and throw you to the ground
Want to draft him a new buddy at SS
Originally posted by jreff22:
Want to draft him a new buddy at SS

I think we should just pick up another thumping FS. I'm starting a Ha Ha ClintonDix campaign.
Reid you beautiful sob!!! Good job assisting Hitner on that foster strip!!!
So glad we went with Reid instead of Reed