There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Welcome Newest 49er S Eric Reid

Can be beaten by quicker slot receivers. Uh, that's great.
No one knows for sure, anyone who says otherwise is full of sh!t. Floyd lasting till 20s, Manuel first QB off the board, Kyle Long in the first!!! It's clear GMs have their guys they like and let out allot of misinformation. Baalke just punked the NFL, look at the trade... A third! The falcons just traded to 22 for a 3rd a 6th, a pick next year and received a 7th.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Can this fo even cover?

He wasn't asked to cover much in LSU system but appears to have the ability to do so. Great size, decent speed and most importantly great insticts for the position
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Im hopeing they drafted him to replace whittner and whittner becomes a cap casualty personally.
I'm not going to hate on the pick but it does seem like letting goldson walk might have left the niners feeling that they couldn't take a chance at not getting one of the top safeties.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Can cover TEs, we have nickel CBs for the slots. Not many safety's cover slots, and if they do, the can't support the run or match up with 6'4" TEs.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
I give it an A if we drafted him play SS, but C+ for FS

Im with this.

Niners play their safeties interchangably

I still hope we take a ballhawk safety prospect like amerson
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I LOVE Reid. Being here in SEC country I have seen this kid for three years make plays.

Heard this same stuff when we should have picked Mallet over Kaepernick. Over rated. Tebow etc
I originally overreacted cause I wanted Phillip Thomas or Bacarri Rambo for free safety... And cause of the fact that we traded up... But I have to say I'm warming up to the pick
Originally posted by 5280High:
It only cost us a 3rd to get the guy they wanted, considering what the falcons gave up just now, we stole someone's lunch money.

I thought the same when I heard the trade terms.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
It only cost us a 3rd to get the guy they wanted, considering what the falcons gave up just now, we stole someone's lunch money.

and thanks to the alex smith trade, we pick in a spot tomorrow, barring a trade, which is almost another first rounder. i am sure we will get to the d line friday. plus we do not need to sign any old used up safety. A very good day
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Draft Phillip Thomas and move Reid to FS and I will be more happy with it.

I think you mean draft Thomas and move Reid to SS... Yes?
If so, I completely agree with you. My take on this pick is that the Niners will play him at SS next year when Whitner's contract expires. Reid could be an absolute stud at SS...
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

i cant wait. this dude hits hard!!!
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Too much whining on forums. How many whined when Kaep was picked? How about when Kaep couldn't even get a hand off done correctly? Trust the coaches & management. We have one of the best crews. Not all the players are gonna pan out according to the mock ratings. Some of these "great" players are gonna be not so great.
I like the pick. Put him with the playmakers on our D and he will be able to play very well me thinks, won't try to do too much, will just play his game.