There are 103 users in the forums

49er S Eric Reid

Originally posted by NinerG94:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
yea, these fools need to chill on the whitner hate. Dude is solid and a leader.

Couldn't agree more. I can't possibly fathom how anyone could call Whitner a liability after Sundays game against the Packers. Without his heads up hit on the sideline at the end of the game to keep Cobb in bounds we probably lose the game. He's not the best SS in coverage but he's certainly better than he gets credit for on this site. He's our leader in the secondary and yet our own fans crap on the guy every chance they get.

why would we probably lose the game if he didnt make the tackle?
Whitner got pummeled by the Zone since the offseason. This is the most in his defense that I've ever encountered. I don't feel so alone anymore

Didn't he made a defensive coverage play against the Packers near the flag of the endzone that could've been a TD had he not done so. Was it J. Finely he did that to... I don't remember. I keep telling people his coverage ability is good for a SS. It's at the endzone where he has to diagnose the run and pass quickly that team will take advantage of the situation.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Whitner got pummeled by the Zone since the offseason. This is the most in his defense that I've ever encountered. I don't feel so alone anymore

Didn't he made a defensive coverage play against the Packers near the flag of the endzone that could've been a TD had he not done so. Was it J. Finely he did that to... I don't remember. I keep telling people his coverage ability is good for a SS. It's at the endzone where he has to diagnose the run and pass quickly that team will take advantage of the situation.

Originally posted by kujon11:

Dayum, you guys are quick Can always count on my Zone bros.
Differences I noticed between Reid and Goldson:

-reid is much faster, he seems to cover more field, definitely has more range

-he hits even harder than goldson, when he puts his arms on the wr, u immediately notice them going down. jordy nelson even had to catch himself from pain after one hit right to his thighs

-more of a ball hawk than goldson ever was...he was able to make more plays on the ball than goldson ever does

we should expect this, goldson was a 6th rd pick, reid a 1st rdr w/ much more physical talent and what appears to be more mental acuity for football than goldson as well.

by the time the playoffs come around he'll have seen so much and we'll be better off for it

IDK why more DB's don't do this. You see it all the time. Instead, they go up to bat the ball when all they have to do is shove the guy out of bounds.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Whitner really had a great game, I was pretty impressed. I ragged on him all last season like most of you, but that push out of bounds near the goal line and the tackle in bounds were clutch as hell. Other than Reid I think he was the best DB on the field for the Niners last weekend.
whitner also had a HUGE stop on the cobb from getting out of bounds on green bay's 2nd to last play..it forced rodgers to waste time
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

IDK why more DB's don't do this. You see it all the time. Instead, they go up to bat the ball when all they have to do is shove the guy out of bounds.

This is one of my favorite rule changes in the last few years. One of the few that benefits the defense.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Somebody with espn Insider let us know what Kiper said about Reid. Dont give a damn about the link.

Kiper just said on ESPN that Reid was the best performing rookie in week 1.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Not sure why I posted this. Kuiper looks like every car salesman I've ever seen.

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Not sure why I posted this. Kuiper looks like every car salesman I've ever seen.

and a lesbo
Originally posted by 49erWay:
I don't know what the hel* is wrong with you people.

Whitner is a huge asset.
He has made major play after play after play for this team and continues to do so.
He is a force in the secondary and remains so.
He knows the game like an all pro.
He has made game changing/winning plays completely on his own in big games.

and....

HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A BALL HAWKING FREE SAFETY!!!!! Which is what you clowns are upset about, that he isn't a backfield hawk.

Get an education.

Anyway, Reid could turn out to be an all pro and that is OBVIOUS too....for anyone with a brain and/or understands football.

People need a scapegoat. Soap is gone and they can't get on Goldson for penalties anymore. Carlos Rogers is still a popular whipping boy. But he and Whitner are basically neck and neck. When you have 5 all Pro's on your team and you are a member of the weakest part of an elite defense, fans looking for something to complain about will come after you. Only reason I expect Whitner to be gone is because of the contract he can command. I expect him to go to another team and ball out easily.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
whitner also had a HUGE stop on the cobb from getting out of bounds on green bay's 2nd to last play..it forced rodgers to waste time

Yeah that was huge.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by iLL49er:

Yeah that was huge.

cosigned
Share 49erswebzone