LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • ethan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Seriously that guy had hands of stone. People have short memories around here...

OHhhhh i sure miss Alex Smith.. .he was the best!

Walker only caught 2 passes his rookie season, so Vance is well ahead of him already..
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
At times, Vance has great hands, stone hands and probably fragile hands
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by Constantine:
Does anyone have Vids of him as a Niner

Maybe a lowlight video of him dropping passes, that's about all you're gonna find.

Actually his highlight video shows we need to get the ball more often
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Maybe a lowlight video of him dropping passes, that's about all you're gonna find.

can be said about anyones highlight video, after all it is just the highlights.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Well you have to consider how many target and how many catch attempts and he has done pretty good

Well you have to consider how many target and how many catch attempts and he has done pretty good

he has done decent. 19 targets and less than half the time its completed to him. thats not all his fault, but you expect more from a 2nd rounder just in terms of catching more than half the passes thrown your way.

he has done decent. 19 targets and less than half the time its completed to him. thats not all his fault, but you expect more from a 2nd rounder just in terms of catching more than half the passes thrown your way.

He had only three drops

He had only three drops

either he is incredibly plagued or something. i quickly checked all te's who had over 100 rec yards last season and he was the only one with a below 50% catch rate on his targets. 3 drops on 19 targets is a lot when you take away the ones that werent catchable because of bad throws or tipped/deflected balls. if one of every 5 or so passes your way is dropped thats a bad thing.

He had only three drops

either he is incredibly plagued or something. i quickly checked all te's who had over 100 rec yards last season and he was the only one with a below 50% catch rate on his targets. 3 drops on 19 targets is a lot when you take away the ones that werent catchable because of bad throws or tipped/deflected balls. if one of every 5 or so passes your way is dropped thats a bad thing.

So 52 rec and 84 target for VD is really bad then ?

He had only three drops

thats a completed pass to davis 62% of the time, well above 50%. not sure how it got changed to davis though. anyways i hope vance turns it around the hands. as i've said a few times, after drafting him we heard about his spotty at times hands, we saw during the season a little bit in minimal chances and then he apparently dropped a few the other day. he'll get open and probably get some more targets this year but he has to begin to become a better hands catcher. vernon still isnt one but he improved greatly since his first 2-3 seasons. hopefully vance can too, i just cant look at last year and think that was pretty good knowing his college team mate caught 20 of 28 targets up in seattle.

He had only three drops

thats a completed pass to davis 62% of the time, well above 50%. not sure how it got changed to davis though. anyways i hope vance turns it around the hands. as i've said a few times, after drafting him we heard about his spotty at times hands, we saw during the season a little bit in minimal chances and then he apparently dropped a few the other day. he'll get open and probably get some more targets this year but he has to begin to become a better hands catcher. vernon still isnt one but he improved greatly since his first 2-3 seasons. hopefully vance can too, i just cant look at last year and think that was pretty good knowing his college team mate caught 20 of 28 targets up in seattle.

I'm saying targets doesn't factor for drops

Out of 11 attempts Vance made 8 catches which is decent for a rookie with hardly any passes thrown his way

Out of 11 attempts Vance made 8 catches which is decent for a rookie with hardly any passes thrown his way

its not just 11 attempts. in order to get credited a drop its got to be a very obvious ones. 50-50 balls you like guys to catch but they just cant haul it in arent considered drops. its like errors in baseball. and even if he only had 11 catchable balls thrown his way, to drop 3 of them is not a good ratio. also liked your word change to decent from pretty good a few posts earlier as thats what i replied with at the start .hes been decent which is fine for a 5th rounder but he has the LMJ like syndrome, as a 2nd rounder decent wont cut it.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jun 21, 2014 at 2:58 PM ]

He had only three drops

Just admit that you're wrong... I like Vance, but he has s**t hands. Just admit it and stop arguing... damn.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

He had only three drops

Just admit that you're wrong... I like Vance, but he has s**t hands. Just admit it and stop arguing... damn.

I'm not a Vance lover / hater, but the dude is barely going into his 2nd year. Can we at least give him this season to prove whether he totally sucks or not
Originally posted by LVJay:

He had only three drops

I'm not a Vance lover / hater, but the dude is barely going into his 2nd year. Can we at least give him this season to prove whether he totally sucks or not

Didn't say he sucks, but he has s**tty hands. It's no big deal... T.O. had s**t hands, too... ended up being an unbelievable player.
Share 49ersWebzone