There are 303 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I wouldn't be surprised if they convert him to tackle at some point. He could be very good at it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Guy fell down big deal.

Originally posted by kronik:
Guy fell down big deal.

Vance was recently dealing with a badly sprained ankle. Wasn't this his first game back? I assume he would make those plays if he was %100 healthy.

Nevertheless, I laugh at posters claiming bust for a player in his first season. Delanie (and most other rookies) didn't do much his rookie year either. It took him a while to develop into last year's beast. It takes time and patience.

Thank you. Thank you.
Make all the excuses you want for the guy but he's been thoroughly disappointing this year and has failed most of the time when he is given opportunities to make plays. Not really doing a great job earning the QBs trust, just saying. :dunno:
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Make all the excuses you want for the guy but he's been thoroughly disappointing this year and has failed most of the time when he is given opportunities to make plays. Not really doing a great job earning the QBs trust, just saying. :dunno:

I agree with this
the new whipping boy, hey someone has to be it
Here is a concept the zone struggles with it's called develop players. Guy never expects the ball. Why? Kap never throws it to him. Guess what Vernon dropped as many. He was wide open when he dropped his. Yes it was a poor throw. But he gets paid to catch any throw good or bad.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

what's worse, is he did the same thing in college.
a gm that drafts a player high without natural hands is a gm high on hubris and low on wisdom.
This guy needs to go.
Originally posted by crabman82:
the new whipping boy, hey someone has to be it

Thank you. I couldn't figure out why everyone just kept pouring it on this guy.
For a supposed pass catcher, he aint one! How balls he drop last night?

Here is a concept the zone struggles with it's called develop players. Guy never expects the ball. Why? Kap never throws it to him. Guess what Vernon dropped as many. He was wide open when he dropped his. Yes it was a poor throw. But he gets paid to catch any throw good or bad.

We know what Vernon has to offer. He gets a pass. "Guy never expects the ball" is not an excuse. If he's running a route, he better be ready to catch. He doesnt get the ball because he continues to mess up every time its thrown his way. If he doesnt mess up maybe he will get the ball thrown his way.
Originally posted by xela510:
We know what Vernon has to offer. He gets a pass. "Guy never expects the ball" is not an excuse. If he's running a route, he better be ready to catch. He doesnt get the ball because he continues to mess up every time its thrown his way. If he doesnt mess up maybe he will get the ball thrown his way.

Couldn't agree more. Dude looks like a deer in headlights any time he's not blocking (including when a ball is thrown his way). I'm sure one he eventually starts clicking with Kap and making more out of his opportunities, he'll get more looks but when the guy has mini mental mishaps and flubs almost every time he's targeted, he's not really making a case for himself being a reliable or trustworthy target. Vance needs to step his game up big time.
I think Celek is the better 2nd TE and should start getting those snaps till Vance can prove he's ready .
this guy blows
i'm not ready to give up on him but he f**king sucks dick in the passing game right now. the slip he had last night isn't something that should happen on this level. there was no weather affecting footing (i saw no other player on either team have that problem). i will say he had some nice blocks last night so there's that but you don't waste a 2nd round pick on a blocking TE.

looks like a horrible pick right now. we should've kept delaine :(
Share 49ersWebzone