There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by sdcindy:
I don't remember Delanie falling down a lot though. That is most disconcerting.

Falling down a lot? Hyperbole much? Dude falls down once and all the poindexter's make it sound like he's Gerald Ford.
Originally posted by KegBert:
He has been good as a blocker. We just have to hope he greatly improves his route running and pass catching.

His route running has been pretty good, not sure where your beef with him is on that. He's been getting open, most of the time he doesn't even get a look, he's dropped a few passes but by and large, he's shown promise, would love to see him get more included in the gameplan, especially against Arizona who has struggled and continues to struggle with defending TE's. They'll have their hands full and will do everything they can to limit VD and Boldin. McDonald should be the beneficiary of that. Let those other guys be decoys, give him some targets against lesser coverage. If he gets going, the Cardinals are going to be screwed.
Its amazing how impatient we have become since 2011.

His blocking is what worried me when we drafted him but thats not a problem. He is getting open against NFL defenses so its only a matter of time before he gets on the same page as his QB.
He's been dissappointing his rookie season! He needs to step up!
Originally posted by Squidp:

His blocking is what worried me when we drafted him but thats not a problem. He is getting open against NFL defenses so its only a matter of time before he gets on the same page as his QB.

This. People need to chill out, seriously. I like what I'm seeing from McDonald. his blocking ability combined with his ability to get open, it'll all come together eventually and he'll be a very good player and all those who were bashing him will be suddenly singing his praises, happens over and over again.
Vance still has my support. I think he will develop into a very good TE soon. Just not ready this year to contribute much. He's still a very young rookie
Originally posted by NCommand:
He has been good as a blocker. We just have to hope he greatly improves his route running and pass catching.

Route running had been very good. I esp. like (rare) when we use him in the middle of the field...he has a nice feel for dropping down in the soft zones and that's not easy to teach.

Haha, maybe I should have left out the "route" part because he does seem to have some issues just plain running.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Squidp:

This. People need to chill out, seriously. I like what I'm seeing from McDonald. his blocking ability combined with his ability to get open, it'll all come together eventually and he'll be a very good player and all those who were bashing him will be suddenly singing his praises, happens over and over again.

He will be fine. I do believe this off-season will be huge for him. He will be so much more comfortable & smoother within the offense next season.
Anyone else notice how Kaep just shakes his head after a Vance duh play?
Baalke sucks at drafting pass catchers.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Anyone else notice how Kaep just shakes his head after a Vance duh play?

Yeah that's amateur s**t, that's why. AJ Junkins used to do similar crap.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Route running had been very good. I esp. like (rare) when we use him in the middle of the field...he has a nice feel for dropping down in the soft zones and that's not easy to teach.

Haha, maybe I should have left out the "route" part because he does seem to have some issues just plain running.

LOL! :)
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Baalke sucks at drafting pass catchers.

What do you mean?

AJ Jenkins: 5 catched for 63, 12.6 average and a long of 26. Ha
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Falling down a lot? Hyperbole much? Dude falls down once and all the poindexter's make it sound like he's Gerald Ford.

+1 for everyone who is over 35. Hilarious.
Chill.