Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'd rather have T.kelce but guess ill have 2 live with McDonald
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
my only question is why pick vance mcdonald over travis kelce

if anyone has insight on that greatly appreciated

More athletic higher potential better blocker. The only downside is his route running and catching ability. I believe the coaches could fix his flaws. He is like the white version of Delanie but taller.

agreed, Vance played in a hybrid offense at Rice, great fit to be the Niners #2 TE
People are forgetting that we are still a running team and we need a better and stronger blocker to run the O. I don't get why people are so down on this pick.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Who names their kid Vance? lol
Originally posted by Muggins:
Who names their kid Vance? lol

your mom did lol jk.
Let's Compare

Vance McDonald-6'4", 267 pounds, 10 1/8" hands, 34 3/8" arm length

Zach Ertz-6'5", 249 pounds, 9 5/8" hands, 31 5.8" arm length

Vance McDonald-4.69 40, 31 reps on bench press, 33.5 inch vertical, 119 inch broad jump, 7.08 seconds in 3 cone drill

Zach Ertz-4.76 40, 24 reps on bench press, 30.5 inch vertical leap, 111 inch broad jump, 7.08 seconds in 3 cone drill
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Let's Compare

Vance McDonald-6'4", 267 pounds, 10 1/8" hands, 34 3/8" arm length

Zach Ertz-6'5", 249 pounds, 9 5/8" hands, 31 5.8" arm length

Vance McDonald-4.69 40, 31 reps on bench press, 33.5 inch vertical, 119 inch broad jump, 7.08 seconds in 3 cone drill

Zach Ertz-4.76 40, 24 reps on bench press, 30.5 inch vertical leap, 111 inch broad jump, 7.08 seconds in 3 cone drill

Sold
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Exactly. He doesn't get open with pure ability, but we'll SCHEME him open (just like Rice did) and once the ball gets into his hands, he will smash through anything in his way. If you throw a screen to him near the goal line, you better have a linebacker there, or else he's getting a touchdown. We'll also hand the ball to him as an H-back.

He's just going to be such a major thread out in the middle of the field with the ball in his hands....it's going to create mismatches. He's strong and fast, agile...good route runner, there's a lot to like.
If the 49ers want to pick up another TE, I'd like to see them take Zach Sudfeld of Nevada. Kap played with him. If you are worried about McDonald's hands, Sudfeld has very good hands, and he's huge at 6' 7". He caught 2 TD's vs. Arizona this last season in the bowl game.

He only played one full year (his senior year) due to injuries which sets him way back in the draft. He's a 6th or 7th rounder, or UDFA (if undrafted I'm thinking the 9ers might give him a shot at camp since he's "local"). Good athlete too.

I'd love to see him compete for a backup spot with the 49ers.
[ Edited by PineNut on Apr 26, 2013 at 6:22 PM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PineNut:
If the 49ers want to pick up another TE, I'd like to see them take Zach Sudfeld of Nevada. Kap played with him. If you are worried about McDonald's hands, Sudfeld has very good hands, and he's huge at 6' 7". He caught 2 TD's vs. Arizona his last season in the bowl game.

He only played one full year (his senior year) due to injuries which sets him way back in the draft. He's a 6th or 7th rounder, or UDFA (if undrafted I'm thinking the 9ers might give him a shot at camp since he's "local"). Good athlete too.

I'd love to see him compete for a backup spot with the 49ers.

Hi Zach.
Stinker.

Nothing against Vance, but we need more beef on the DLine. Had various options on the board at the time....ignored them all for maybe a #2-#4 tight end?

Whuuuut?

A Baalke bobble. Even if he does work out, we have some serious fixin to do on D.

I have this on Vance:

top H-Back prospect, reliable hands, versatility and ability to move around the offensive alignment, avg speed

Great pickup for the Niners, he will fit really well into this offense

A
Originally posted by Muggins:
Hi Zach.

Haahaa. Look him up on youtube. Or maybe I will...
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM ]
He was on KNBR 680 in SF, he said he is up to 272, he wanted to put on mass he said
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by iLL49er:
my only question is why pick vance mcdonald over travis kelce

if anyone has insight on that greatly appreciated

More athletic higher potential better blocker. The only downside is his route running and catching ability. I believe the coaches could fix his flaws. He is like the white version of Delanie but taller.

agreed, Vance played in a hybrid offense at Rice, great fit to be the Niners #2 TE
People are forgetting that we are still a running team and we need a better and stronger blocker to run the O. I don't get why people are so down on this pick.

Most just don't know much about him … but trust the team ...
Share 49ersWebzone