There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

I though Celek could do everything Vance has done thus far. Don't feel we needed another TE with our 2nd pick.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
yup
everything is magnified if you get your opportunities 2 times every 4 games

This. People are hilarious. Dude gets one target, doesn't catch the ball. "HE SUCKS." Seriously? I'd love to see them just feed the ball to him, give him seven or eight targets in a game, if he drops seven or eight passes or has a multitude of miscues, but to me this seems like people looking for any excuse to b***h about something without understanding what they are talking about.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It tells you just how ridiculous the debate has become when SD by far makes the most reasonable and rational post.

I remember Jason Witten as a rookie, dropped a whole bunch of passes, struggled all over the place, the next season he had about 900 yards receiving. Good thing the Cowboys didn't freak out and lose their s**t over a rookie struggling to adapt to the pro game and working his way through it.



Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I though Celek could do everything Vance has done thus far. Don't feel we needed another TE with our 2nd pick.

You obviously haven't compared Celek and McDonald blocking or haven't been watching the games. Because it's not close.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I remember Jason Witten as a rookie, dropped a whole bunch of passes, struggled all over the place, the next season he had about 900 yards receiving. Good thing the Cowboys didn't freak out and lose their s**t over a rookie struggling to adapt to the pro game and working his way through it.

he should get the death penalty
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You obviously haven't compared Celek and McDonald blocking or haven't been watching the games. Because it's not close.

I like Celek, he's a decent quality backup TE but anyone who thinks that he and McDonald possess the same level of talent and potential?......................




Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This. People are hilarious. Dude gets one target, doesn't catch the ball. "HE SUCKS." Seriously? I'd love to see them just feed the ball to him, give him seven or eight targets in a game, if he drops seven or eight passes or has a multitude of miscues, but to me this seems like people looking for any excuse to b***h about something without understanding what they are talking about.

he's shown the ability to get open. he needs to know he can get the ball multiple times a game and it won't be pressure

he fell and he looked up and knew that he wasn't going to get the ball again.
that's too much.

i was saying in the miller thread that this could be good for the team. it will force roman to use everyone else. tonight he didn't use vernon but he did use crab and boldin

if one day we ever get to use EVERYONE i mean use crab and boldin call plays for vd and macdonald let hunter get in there. we're going to be unstoppable.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
he's shown the ability to get open. he needs to know he can get the ball multiple times a game and it won't be pressure

he fell and he looked up and knew that he wasn't going to get the ball again.
that's too much.

i was saying in the miller thread that this could be good for the team. it will force roman to use everyone else. tonight he didn't use vernon but he did use crab and boldin

if one day we ever get to use EVERYONE i mean use crab and boldin call plays for vd and macdonald let hunter get in there. we're going to be unstoppable.


Worst thing possible for a young player. You know you get one chance and if it doesn't happen for whatever reason, you're getting the hook. Like I said before, not the way to develop young players. They'll make mistakes, its inevitable, you let them play through it. As long as McDonald gets 1-2 targets a game, its hard for him to have any confidence or rhythm to his game.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Worst thing possible for a young player. You know you get one chance and if it doesn't happen for whatever reason, you're getting the hook. Like I said before, not the way to develop young players. They'll make mistakes, its inevitable, you let them play through it. As long as McDonald gets 1-2 targets a game, its hard for him to have any confidence or rhythm to his game.

exactly

call 4 plays where he's a real option at least.

he can't be reversed. he came in as a pass catcher and a so so blocker

now he's an excellent blocker who can't catch a pass

does he work with the line coach or the te coach?
this dude fkn sucks.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Worst thing possible for a young player. You know you get one chance and if it doesn't happen for whatever reason, you're getting the hook. Like I said before, not the way to develop young players. They'll make mistakes, its inevitable, you let them play through it. As long as McDonald gets 1-2 targets a game, its hard for him to have any confidence or rhythm to his game.

exactly

call 4 plays where he's a real option at least.

he can't be reversed. he came in as a pass catcher and a so so blocker

now he's an excellent blocker who can't catch a pass

does he work with the line coach or the te coach?

He was targeted again a few plays later but the throw was turrible.
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 777
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
this dude fkn sucks.

Dude's name is Vance. /thread
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
He was targeted again a few plays later but the throw was turrible.

Yes, the defender saw it coming all the way and knocked it down. That was pretty much it for him. Nobody can develop any consistency getting 2 targets a game.
consistency or not, that ball hits your hands, you catch it. This dude has more drops than catches. That s**t tonight where he stumbled is inexcusable. Celeck would've made that grab.