There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

I still have hopes for the kid
Delanie >>>>>
17 mil >>>>>> 4.x mil

Is Walker better of course he is but Walker wanted to get paid and we cant pay a backup TE 17 mil when our starting TE is making 42 million.

He will have to work on his hands but there is no reason we shouldn't be targeting him more and allowing him to do something other than blocking. He will be a great safety blanket down the road if we let him. For now we are relying on Miller. Walker took many years to become what he was.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Dec 16, 2013 at 4:50 AM ]
watched the titans-cards for about 5 minutes yesterday, in 1 red zone series delaine walker had 2 drops LOL
Celek did pretty decent yesterday with Mcdonald out.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
i think the issue for McDonald is his blocking technique and assignments. When he played at college he was used as a slot receiver and rarely fulfilled a full TE role with blocking responsibilities. With us having Vernon Davis, it means Vance has to be the blocker and it's taking time for him to train up and get there. I think he'll be big next season.
Originally posted by Buchy:
i think the issue for McDonald is his blocking technique and assignments. When he played at college he was used as a slot receiver and rarely fulfilled a full TE role with blocking responsibilities. With us having Vernon Davis, it means Vance has to be the blocker and it's taking time for him to train up and get there. I think he'll be big next season.

same thing im thinking, vernon's rookie yr had him blocking and learning technique before he became the monster te we all see today
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Buchy:

same thing im thinking, vernon's rookie yr had him blocking and learning technique before he became the monster te we all see today

Vernon actually caught passes his rookie year unlike Vance. He didn't just "learn to block" his rookie year. He would have probably had 500 yards receiving had he stayed healthy (ended with 20 catches for 265 and 3 TDs in only 10 games). Everyone could tell the potential was there for Vernon. McDonald on the other hand hasn't shown much of anything except trucking Dick Sherman which was heck of a play.
Nice block on the Boldin screen!

But some crucial drops this doot
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
Still sucks.
Hate this guy's game. an absolute choker. he was wide open again and a perfect throw and dipstick slips & slides. total clown and disappointing 2nd rounder so far. I expected so much more from this draft class. Only Eric Reid has done a dam thing.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Nice block on the Boldin screen!

But some crucial drops this doot

yeah, he was pissing me off today
I miss delanie, even with his stupid drops he would at least make plays an make defenses account for him and on top of that he won't trip over himself
LOL. You guys are too hard on him. He blocks outstanding. He was a monster blocking tonight. Did you miss all those plays? Probably don't even notice. Just wait for pass plays like most fans. Ok so what he tripped. I've seen other players do that. So what. This is a learning year for him. I remember Crabtree as a rookie dropping the ball and Rice as a rookie was dropping passes all over the field. I think he will get it. Besides I think we picked him mostly to block. 6'4" 270 lbs. wasn't a receiving TE. We picked him to be a big, mean, nasty TE extra blocker in the run game. And he is. He's already good at that. I think his pass receiving will improve. He hasn't had huge amounts of opportunities this season. We throw him like one pass a game. If it's not a perfect result the WZ throws a hissy fit. I could see if you threw him 10 passes and he dropped 8. Then I would worry. But not with this.
Stay on your feet dips**t