There are 204 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Vance "Big Mac" McDonald Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by DanSkutaHOF:
There is no reason in the world why a converted defensive end, now full back from the 7th (?) round gets more opportunity than our 2nd round TE. None. I don't care if he dropped a pass or two. Feed this kid the ball until catching is second nature. He probably just has the jitters and even more so since he only gets one shot every two games. Did I mention they are usually low percentage throws? We have no idea how to develop offensive talent on this team. None. Everyone who has produced for Harbs and Roman was a veteran before they got here.

if im viewing the stats correctly

delanie walker had only 21 catches last year, bruce miller had 12

our 2 TE does not make catches that often. I understand with everyone injured, he would maybe be used more, but i think expectations were too high for him. "Feeding him the ball" i am not sure about that in this offense

I think you might want to look up passes thrown his way first to make your point.


Last year was weird with Walker...before last season, he was one of our reliable pass catchers....but something happened last year where he was dropping easy passes. Contract year maybe? trying to do too much?

what? he never had more than 29 catches in a season, thrown his way or not, he wasnt here for his pass catching. he was deemed a swiss army knife cause he could fill in at multiple positions to block or as a decoy

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WalkHu00.htm

And had been inconsistent most his Niners career. Wouldn't exactly describe him as "reliable".
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Vance is the new stone hands.

He's young. He'll improve.




NO!.. U BOTH GUYS DONT MAKE SENSE!!!. IT WAS NOT STONE HANDS THAT MEANS CANT CATCH THE BALL!. GOT IT THAT CLEAR?!... HE DONT HAVE A TALENT THE CATCH TO BALL!!!.. HE MUST FOCUS HOW CATCH THE BALL AND PAY ATTEND THE BALL THEN MUST A CATCH. And the hold with ball MOFO!!..

He can catch. Just give him more time and opportunities!

i saw him played a game at redskins.. He got finally a catch the ball! He look like mad it cuz he must a catch the ball!!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Vance is the new stone hands.

He's young. He'll improve.




NO!.. U BOTH GUYS DONT MAKE SENSE!!!. IT WAS NOT STONE HANDS THAT MEANS CANT CATCH THE BALL!. GOT IT THAT CLEAR?!... HE DONT HAVE A TALENT THE CATCH TO BALL!!!.. HE MUST FOCUS HOW CATCH THE BALL AND PAY ATTEND THE BALL THEN MUST A CATCH. And the hold with ball MOFO!!..

Oh, the irony.

Whats up Buzz! ahaha
Cheers up bro.. Dude!
Add-Vance the ball down the field with Add-Vance McDonald!
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Add-Vance the ball down the field with Add-Vance McDonald!

Add-Vance lol

Sounds like a Male Enhancement pill.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Add-Vance lol

Sounds like a Male Enhancement pill.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 27, 2013 at 8:18 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Add-Vance the ball down the field with Add-Vance McDonald!



Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Add-Vance lol

Sounds like a Male Enhancement pill.


Hahaha
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
Vance is the new stone hands.

He's young. He'll improve.




NO!.. U BOTH GUYS DONT MAKE SENSE!!!. IT WAS NOT STONE HANDS THAT MEANS CANT CATCH THE BALL!. GOT IT THAT CLEAR?!... HE DONT HAVE A TALENT THE CATCH TO BALL!!!.. HE MUST FOCUS HOW CATCH THE BALL AND PAY ATTEND THE BALL THEN MUST A CATCH. And the hold with ball MOFO!!..

Oh, the irony.

Whats up Buzz! ahaha
Cheers up bro.. Dude!

where has this guy been? Why aren't any passes going his way? I would assume the focus on Vernon Davis would open up some looks for this guy?
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
where has this guy been? Why aren't any passes going his way? I would assume the focus on Vernon Davis would open up some looks for this guy?

I'd assume some combination of:


  1. He has no hands,
  2. Kaep not trusting him,
  3. Kaep doesn't make it through his progressions very well under fire
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,099
I really can't figure why he isn't used more. I'm gonna hope they're hiding his ass for the playoffs, but as we know our receivers coaches probably aren't very good.

He's a matchup nightmare and a second round pick. Stop drafting athletic skill players with your second round picks if you're not gonna use them. I know his hands are rough but get his ass some reps. Let's go to him on a third down and see if he makes plays. Get him some f**kin confidence.

I'm seeing 5th round Luke Wilson from the same school catch 40 yard TDs against the best D in the league yesterday, but V McD can't get nothing? Makes no f**kin sense.
Originally posted by Antix:
I really can't figure why he isn't used more. I'm gonna hope they're hiding his ass for the playoffs, but as we know our receivers coaches probably aren't very good.

He's a matchup nightmare and a second round pick. Stop drafting athletic skill players with your second round picks if you're not gonna use them. I know his hands are rough but get his ass some reps. Let's go to him on a third down and see if he makes plays. Get him some f**kin confidence.

I'm seeing 5th round Luke Wilson from the same school catch 40 yard TDs against the best D in the league yesterday, but V McD can't get nothing? Makes no f**kin sense.

Was luke wilson Big Mac's backup at Rice? LMAO
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
Was luke wilson Big Mac's backup at Rice? LMAO

Yup. I look at Luke Willson and he's basically the same guy McDonald is. No reason why we can't use Vance the same way. But the coaches don't seem to flex him out wide and give him an opportunity to play like he did in college. At Rice he was used as a big slot WR. Here we're trying hard to turn him into an in-line TE and blocker. His strength is running routes and catching passes. Wish we played him more to his strength.